Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lincoln RWD Coupe Rendering
Blue Oval Forums

Member mustang84isu over at Blue Oval Forums created this nice rendering of a RWD Mustang based Lincoln Coupe.

Here is what he had to say about his creation.....

"With the rumors about a Lincoln MKM, I decided to try my hand at a RWD coupe with a family resemblance to the MKC Concept. The front features an evolution of the split wing grille from the flat, flush, and large opening of the current MKZ into something leaner with more depth. I would love to see future Lincolns tone down the grille a lot more."

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Lincoln + RWD = EXCELLENCE
I agree!

The drawing above is nice, however, I feel it has too much Pontiac influence. I think the grille needs to be tweaked a bit.

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
Lincoln RWD Coupe Rendering
Blue Oval Forums

Member mustang84isu over at Blue Oval Forums created this nice rendering of a RWD Mustang based Lincoln Coupe.

Here is what he had to say about his creation.....

"With the rumors about a Lincoln MKM, I decided to try my hand at a RWD coupe with a family resemblance to the MKC Concept. The front features an evolution of the split wing grille from the flat, flush, and large opening of the current MKZ into something leaner with more depth. I would love to see future Lincolns tone down the grille a lot more."
Lincoln has some of the best style ideas out there.
Sadly, I don't expect a linc stang any time soon.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
The hood seems way overdone. Yes, I think Lincoln needs to change the current grill, but it needs something more noticeably Lincoln...I don't know what that is yet, but I don't see it here.

Thinking about the LincStang...should Lincoln really put the engineering effort into it, when Mustang markets so many variations already. Would it be wiser to wait a few more years, and bring out something on a new platform that can be adapted to a RWD slanted AWD, and have Lincoln be the first to introduce a sedan and coupe off the new platform?

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
came across this old post (resemblance?)
while posting the latest CD4+ news

was checking some other links/sites and came across a chop at timmm55's blog, that he posted about here a while back.
Looks like he may have posted this one back in January,

but
imho it's pretty darn close to C&D's new rendering

(larger at his site)

·
Registered
428 Posts
Lincoln needs a RWD coupe! The car is not for high sales numbers, but to rejuvenate Lincoln's image.

The brand needs a halo vehicle.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Lincoln needs a RWD coupe! The car is not for high sales numbers, but to rejuvenate Lincoln's image.

The brand needs a halo vehicle.
If Lincoln does not exploit the reportedly exceptional S550 platform then as far as I'm concerned they haven't a f'n clue as to what they're doing. I don't care how good a bunch of FWD based cars and CUVs can be, they'll never bring the brand the excitement and positive press that an exciting sports sedan/coupe/convertible will. Having a halo car that sits outside Lincoln's comfort zone is vital IMO. Audi, the king of FWD based luxury has a number of performance vehicles that lend the brand an image that their volume vehicles could not, they exploit niches in order to build the brand prestige.

If Lincoln desires to be more than simply "your fathers Oldsmobile" then they have to reach beyond basic transportation.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
SP1966,

I could not have said it any better, and it is time that Lincoln truly does something to raise its brand image in a way that is not cost managed to within an inch of its life.

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
I'm sticking with the multiple reports that the LincStang(s) is(are) a bit less than 2 years from production

my questions are more
-- will there be a 3er-size sportsedan in addition to some kind of 2-door ?
-- will the S550 architecture lead to something larger like (imho) the designs in this thread?
Lincoln is using FWD versions for sedans so I don´t think we could see RWD sedans, at least not in a short-mid term.
What I could see in the Lincoln lineup is some coupes, I would like to see RWD coupes but maybe the produce FWD coupes

·
Registered
607 Posts
To do battle with the 4-series, which it can do successfully, Lincoln should build this car and use only their ecoboost engines: The 2.3L I4 as the base plant and the 3.5L V6 for the performance model.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Lincoln is using FWD versions for sedans so I don´t think we could see RWD sedans, at least not in a short-mid term.
What I could see in the Lincoln lineup is some coupes, I would like to see RWD coupes but maybe the produce FWD coupes
This is an absolutely iron clad recipe for the short drive to irrelevancy for the Lincoln brand. Unless of course Lincoln has the engineering, and marketing resources to craft, and market truly notable longitudinal engine placement FWD based AWD vehicles like Audi. But of course Lincoln would still need a RWD based AWD halo car at the top of its lineup like the R8.

·
Registered
53 Posts
This is an absolutely iron clad recipe for the short drive to irrelevancy for the Lincoln brand. Unless of course Lincoln has the engineering, and marketing resources to craft, and market truly notable longitudinal engine placement FWD based AWD vehicles like Audi. But of course Lincoln would still need a RWD based AWD halo car at the top of its lineup like the R8.
the problem is that besides from having a design team, Lincoln has nothing else. There is not a R&D team, not even a dedicated Performance team on their own.

unlike Audi. They use just what ford allows the to use...

on the other hand. Is not that the product is bad or there are not good engineers at Ford. But I have yet to see some interest From Ford to invest time and resources... I mean. SVT could do wonders...

can someone explain why SVT is not involved with Lincoln at all?

I mean, look at what they have managed to achieve with ST products and upcoming RS... Can I get that on Linc?

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
I would venture to say that SVT is involved with Lincoln in that Lincoln's are not structurally different from Fords. Thus far nothing they've developed for SVT Fords could not be used also on Lincoln. Of course that just brings us back to another can of worms.

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
the problem is that besides from having a design team, Lincoln has nothing else. There is not a R&D team, not even a dedicated Performance team on their own.

unlike Audi. They use just what ford allows the to use...

on the other hand. Is not that the product is bad or there are not good engineers at Ford. But I have yet to see some interest From Ford to invest time and resources... I mean. SVT could do wonders...

I mean, look at what they have managed to achieve with ST products and upcoming RS... Can I get that on Linc?
Just guessing here, but I believe it takes time for all of the above.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts