Ford Inside News banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Not sure how the Fusion and MKZ wouldn't be recommended anymore when nothing has changed...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Not sure how the Fusion and MKZ wouldn't be recommended anymore when nothing has changed...
You're right, rmc. I have the Consumer Reports app on my phone and I guarantee that the "recommended" check mark by the MKZ is gone from CR today but it was there last weekend.

The app now shows the predicted reliability for the MKZ as "far below average" while last weekend it was "average." (That's a two-spot drop.) The owner satisfaction rating is still "very good."

I don't know how that would square with the other part of the story saying that Lincoln has improved in reliability rankings unless other Lincoln models' reliability scores have increased notably. Maybe someone at CR screwed up?

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Nah, it doesn't fit the narrative that Foreign=good, domestic=bad.

----

This was also the first I've heard of SYNC3 issues.

·
Registered
73 Posts
There's another change I just saw on the CR app: The Continental just got a "recommended" check mark (didn't have one before) and it's reliability rating is "far above average." (I don't know what it was before.) The owner satisfaction rating for Continental is "excellent" now (again, I don't know what it was before today).

·
Registered
73 Posts

----

Is there a reference to SYNC3 issues in that article? If so, I overlooked it. What is the issue?

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Is there a reference to SYNC3 issues in that article? If so, I overlooked it. What is the issue?
Whoops, my apologies.....I was thinking of a comment in this article:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2018/10/24/tesla-reliability-tumbles-consumer-reports-survey/1748024002/

All they said was "Ford continues to have issues with its latest in-car connectivity system" with no further explanation.

I wish these surveys would distinguish between mechanical quality (i.e. engine blowing up, trim falling off, etc.) and.....eh.....electronic quality(? for lack of a better term.....i.e. infotainment system laggy, etc.).

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
All they said was "Ford continues to have issues with its latest in-car connectivity system" with no further explanation.

I wish these surveys would distinguish between mechanical quality (i.e. engine blowing up, trim falling off, etc.) and.....eh.....electronic quality(? for lack of a better term.....i.e. infotainment system laggy, etc.).
Right, I've had my SYNC system freeze and have to be rebooted, but that has never left me on the side of the road. Looking though, all the American companies are at the bottom and all the foreign are at the top, except for Volvo which having owned Volvos they are the most reliable vehicles I've ever owned.

·
Registered
83 Posts

----

Yes, and Honda is having some major problems with it's 1.5 turbo in the CRV......and they have sold north of 500,000 of them.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Right, I've had my SYNC system freeze and have to be rebooted, but that has never left me on the side of the road. Looking though, all the American companies are at the bottom and all the foreign are at the top, except for Volvo which having owned Volvos they are the most reliable vehicles I've ever owned.
From what I've read, Volvo's numbers are skewed heavily downward because of their InSense (I think that's what it's called) infotainment system.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts