Ford Inside News banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Lincoln's Facebook posted about hitting 300k fans and made a huge mistake.

They posted this picture.

Note... There is a Mercury logo on the steering wheel... also its a 3 speed manual and in the comments it says:
"Lincoln Motor Company Douglas Fejer, this is 1954 Lincoln Cosmopolitan, one of our favorite of the classics."

Which is impossible since the LAST Lincoln to have a manual transmission before the LS was the 1951 Cosmopolitan.... also the interior of the Cosmopolitan looks nothing like this.

When will they get their own brand right? I am sorry if this comes across angry but seriously how hard is it to mess that up?

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Andrew!!

Well Lincoln's Facebook posted about hitting 300k fans and made a huge mistake...

Note... There is a Mercury logo on the steering wheel...
mistake ? ...or... foreshadowing!!!?

no seriously,
actually imho this points to our current Brands just not having enough knowledgeable people working for them, not really knowing the company's history
..."Good help is soooo hard to find"...
and
increases the 'funniness' for me when anyone talks about a major corporation as tho it was the same entity it was decades ago - nope
Like it 'kills' me when a brand new Exec from outside talks about past stuff with "We... "

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
I just can´t believe it :facepalm: :banghead:
instead of that they should take a picture of the production version of the mkc or the next mks

·
Registered
193 Posts
I dont follow Lincoln all that much but boy what a screw up.:facepalm: Sure doesnt breed much confidence when they cant get something as simple as this right.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Too many "odd" happenings with the Lincoln Motor Company . Town Car gets the ax without a proper replacement. Sales fall. MKZ is introduced in January 2013 and can't produce to meet full demand until sometime end of March early April 2013. Sales crash. Now we see confusion between a Mercury with the Mercury emblem right there in front of you and calling it a Lincoln. What an insult! I wouldn't be shocked to find out there is some kind of internal sabotage going on here. What will be the next drama here?

·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
Facebook pages usually are not run by the company/brand but by third wheel paid contractors.

This is why there is a high amount of product problems on many FB/Twitter accounts that arise.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
The people at Lincoln are doing everything wrong! Why? Uncappable to do the work? Whant to close the brand? Do it rigth now!

And maybe if the half of those "friends" what to buy a Lincoln, the brand has not beinng diying....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts