Ford Inside News banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lincoln's new ads spotlight MKX as McConaughey goes silent

Matthew McConaughey is back in another round of commercials for Lincoln, but this time, he lets the product do all the talking.

McConaughey, the actor whose rambling soliloquies in last year’s Lincoln ads were parodied endlessly, doesn’t say a single word in three new spots for the redesigned MKX crossover.

The commercials, scheduled to begin airing Saturday during college football games on ABC, effectively form a three-part, 90-second movie depicting McConaughey joining friends for a high-class game of poker.

http://www.autonews.com/article/20150910/RETAIL03/150909853/lincolns-new-ads-spotlight-mkx-as-mcconaughey-goes-silent

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts

still pursuing the French monologue's spoken-text from "The Athlete" video,
happened upon a .Pdf X16 ebrochure

apparent detail changes(?)...
...didn't know they made aluminum trim an option outside of the base Premiere & with all upholstery colors - tho it's a different trim than the Premiere's

&
didn't know the BAMR (VistaRoof) apparently comes with a black painted roof

Attachments

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Oh my God. This car in black es hermoso!. And those tailligths at nigth... Gorgeous.

·
Registered
193 Posts
...didn't know they made aluminum trim an option outside of the base Premiere & with all upholstery colors - tho it's a different trim than the Premiere's

&
At least here in Canada, the 'Spun Aluminum' is a $250 option (upgrade) over the standard wood trim and is available on all colour interiors. It's my least favourite part of my top level MKX. Although I don't like the shiny wood that comes with the black interior. If it were easy to do, I would swap the aluminum for the wood that comes with the cappuccino interior.

And yes, the roof is black. It doesn't actually feel like metal though... I'm sure it's steel but it kind of feels like plastic when you tap on it.

When I drove my X for the first time after dark last night, I was pleasantly surprised that the 'R' in the front speakers lights up! How cool! Also, there are horizontal ambient light strips where the upper dash meets the lower dash panels, on both sides, which the old X didn't have. Very classy.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts

still pursuing the French monologue's spoken-text from "The Athlete" video,
happened upon a .Pdf X16 ebrochure

&
Fun fact, this is the same BAMR on the Chinese Ford Edge Limited.

·
Registered
528 Posts
God Damnit ... I feel that with the development of the Continental, Lincoln finally figured out what it wants to be ... th MKX ads, and the #morehuman ads are both speaking very very clearly and they are speaking to me very effectively.

I love them. I really appreciate the message they send.

Obvs .... this is all an opinion, and marketing that works on me may not work on you.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
God Damnit ... I feel that with the development of the Continental, Lincoln finally figured out what it wants to be ... th MKX ads, and the #morehuman ads are both speaking very very clearly and they are speaking to me very effectively.

I love them. I really appreciate the message they send.

Obvs .... this is all an opinion, and marketing that works on me may not work on you.
Lincoln/facebook posted a Link that may imho, more than even about the video-director's aims/rationale,
reveal quite a bit about Lincoln's whole perception-changing methodology:

The Lead Up is Everything
now.Lincoln.com

10/8

Anticipation. It’s that breath before a positive experience. It’s easy to explain with words, and perhaps not so easy to translate to the moving image. When filmmaker Eva Michon approached her project for “The Feeling Stays” film vignettes series, she wanted to capture the excitement of an experience in a way that was both relatable and accessible...

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts