Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
FIN Moderator
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Lincoln said on its Facebook page that they will reveal a new look later this week. Stay tuned to Lincoln's Facebook page to find out what it is.

- - - - - - - - - -
edit by 2b2:
new title since this thread now has the videos & links
Hope you don't mind, N.R.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Re: Lincoln to post a new look on Facebook

considering that Lincoln/facebook just said that,
"We're not releasing any new product details just yet for competitive reasons."
http://www.facebook.com/Lincoln/posts/10150194502302982

I don't have much hope that their fb site will offer anything for us internet-Lincoln-followers

- - - - - - - - - -
edit
BOY WAS I WRONG!!

·
Registered
5,933 Posts

Probably just a new look to the FB Lincoln page

·
FIN Moderator
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Probably. I still want to see a concept or something from Lincoln. We'll see what happens to Lincoln's future.

·
FIN Moderator
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

considering that Lincoln/facebook just said that,
"We're not releasing any new product details just yet for competitive reasons."
http://www.facebook.com/Lincoln/posts/10150194502302982

I don't have much hope that their fb site will offer anything for us internet-Lincoln-followers
They can still show a concept of what the future design will be.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts

They can still show a concept of what the future design will be.
yeahBUT
if they're keeping with Mr.M's POV that concepts are only ok if they're planning to build them eventually
(barring hideous mistakes like the "Abomination"/"C"concept);
to show a concept would mean to release new product news

...UNLESS, they treat Lincoln differently (yeah right
)

·
Registered
149 Posts

I was thinking the same thing regarding the MKS being next in line for an update. Hopefully they don't go "safe". They really need to make it more competitive against the Audi A6/8 and MB E-Class... as well as a truly viable reason to be chosen over the Taurus. ;-)

·
Registered
5,933 Posts

5-10 years????? What the ****????

I asked a question on there something along the lines of "Will there ever be a Lincoln LS replacement or a vehicle like it in terms of driving dynamics?"

·
FIN Moderator
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

That is a long time. I think they will really make people satisfied in the coming years driving people away from German and Asian luxury brands. I think American luxury will be back the way it was in the old days. Cadillac will be back also. Hopefully Chrysler renames the Chrysler division Imperial. Chryslers were never very luxurious. Imperials competed directly to Cadillac and Lincoln. I think that will happen in the coming years as Chrysler works out their financial issues.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts

5-10 years????? What the ****????
That is a long time...
the original timeline they gave (was it 4 to 7 years for the "7" models?) didn't make much sense to me
and makes practically NO sense now
since
as far as I can determine
EVERY Lincoln except the just MCE'd MKX & the Navi ought to be New NEXT YEAR!
including an Explorer-based Aviator
so
if that's ^ correct
then other than some tweaks by Max Wolff, those models are already into the firming up suppliers and testing-whatever stage
so-2
the 5-10 years verbiage is more about Lincoln's direction than anything concrete(or metallic) imho
sorta like planning your grandchildren's education while your kids aren't in school yet?
just imho

edit
thought of another of saying it
They're working on the unseen/unfinished CD4's major MCE ( 5 yers) and its REPLACEMENT Platform(s) (10 yrs)(guessing: hydrogen, smart roads, global requirements, etc)

·
Registered
10,961 Posts

MKS will be differentiated only slightly more in this next update. Expect new front / rear and interior enhancements and features. This is only a freshening, albeit with healthy engineering updates.

I love the MKS. It has a few rough edges, which should be addressed, but I could care less that Taurus offers a premium SHO that cuts close to it. All new will take care of more differentiation, not this one.

But I expect it to be one of the best cars in it's class for the money, both in luxury and performance.

What else can touch this thing at $47K?

·
Editor
1,173 Posts

I have found new 2012 MKS spy shots! Here's the link. I don't know if this is a photoshop or not. Autoblog usually never does that.

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/spy-shots-2012-lincoln-mks/
Sigh. It's not going to be a 2012 model. Try 2013.

MKS will be differentiated only slightly more in this next update. Expect new front / rear and interior enhancements and features. This is only a freshening, albeit with healthy engineering updates.

I love the MKS. It has a few rough edges, which should be addressed, but I could care less that Taurus offers a premium SHO that cuts close to it. All new will take care of more differentiation, not this one.

But I expect it to be one of the best cars in it's class for the money, both in luxury and performance.

What else can touch this thing at $47K?
I think the MKS EcoBoost with the sport appearance package is a very attractive large sedan. My only issue with the current MKS is the interior. It's decent, but could be much improved. Really if they would just offer a wood grain option on the center stack (where the controls are), like they have on the MKZ, I think it would be much better.

I also agree with you pricing. The main problem with the MKS has been product positioning (marketing)...or lack thereof.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts

I have found new 2012 MKS spy shots! Here's the link. I don't know if this is a photoshop or not. Autoblog usually never does that.

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/spy-shots-2012-lincoln-mks/
Woah I've never seen those before! How did you find this?

I think the MKS EcoBoost with the sport appearance package is a very attractive large sedan. My only issue with the current MKS is the interior. It's decent, but could be much improved. Really if they would just offer a wood grain option on the center stack (where the controls are), like they have on the MKZ, I think it would be much better.

I also agree with you pricing. The main problem with the MKS has been product positioning (marketing)...or lack thereof.
I agree with the wood trim on the center stack. I also think the rear heated seat controls should be moved to the doors instead of under the rear vents

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts

Sigh. It's not going to be a 2012 model. Try 2013...

...My only issue with the current MKS is the interior... ...Really if they would just offer a wood grain option on the center stack (where the controls are), like they have on the MKZ, I think it would be much better.

2012cy/2013my - potato/tomahto
&
afaik the MKS is getting MLT so a revised interior SHOULD accompany that imho
(tho in addition to *real* wood, I'd like to see something hightech - maybe anodized metal?)

What do you mean by 'pricing'? too high? or .....?
&
'product positioning??? -- my only complaint is calling the MKS a 'flagship'
imho they'd need to stretch it onto the MKT's wlb for that
(tho I'd keep the current size one, suitably re-styled, as a sportier "personal sedan" for younger appeal

1 - 20 of 82 Posts