Ford Inside News banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
One brief foray inside even a top level Model S will easily illuminate you as to why this far more expressively designed car is more desirable than a Tesla.
I've been in the Model S. I haven't been in this Lucid, and neither have you. Not saying you're wrong, but I'll reserve judgement until the car is actually on the road. At the moment, it's just a vehicle up on a pedestal. And also you have to remember, the Model S is how many years old now? I'd hope this vehicle is better than the aging Model S.

Reactions: 70 Stang

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
The Model S in many areas including my own is so ubiquitous that to me it is no longer truly desirable. The Lucid Air appeals to me on a level that the Model S has long since failed to. I fully understand that everyone may not share my viewpoints on desirability.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts

I kinda think the goal of the Model III is to become like blue jeans
not only ubiquitous
but mandatory
where everyone not driving one better have a darn good excuse
:angel

I myself may in fact be a Model 3 customer but I will wait a year or so past its debut to make sure that I am not a marginally paid beta tester.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
did you place a deposit & get on THE List, Germeezy?
otherwise/afaik
you might be waiting for SEVERAL++ years

Early adopters are quite the fickle bunch, and I can guarantee that slots will be opening within a year of the launch. If not a slightly preowned Model 3 may be an alternative.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
I myself may in fact be a Model 3 customer but I will wait a year or so past its debut to make sure that I am not a marginally paid beta tester.
With as many reservations as they have, it'll be at least a year to get one anyway, even if a good chunk of the reservations end up backing out.

Reactions: 2b2

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
I believe MG over at GMI has per-ordered one.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Many of my coworkers have the Model 3 preordered. But I work at SpaceX so that isn't very surprising hahah.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Reactions: 2b2 and gjrip

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Many of my coworkers have the Model 3 preordered. But I work at SpaceX so that isn't very surprising hahah.
So many of your coworkers have the exclusive privilege to pay $35,000 to be under the employ of a certain Mr. Musk as a Model 3 beta tester?

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
There is a decent employee discount.

But @germeezy1 you know what you get yourself into when you buy a Tesla. It isn't really a normal car business model or approach. If you dont like their approach you dont have to buy one. They'll still sell very well.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
There is a decent employee discount.

But @germeezy1 you know what you get yourself into when you buy a Tesla. It isn't really a normal car business model or approach. If you dont like their approach you dont have to buy one. They'll still sell very well.

Reread what I said, and insert a bit of humor.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
As has been aforementioned in my previous posts. Lucid has truly changed the game. Tesla chose direct drive as a solution albeit a highly compromised one. ZF even is heavily invested in electric car transmissions. The Lucid drive system self contains the gearbox, and motor in one integral assembly.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Wow that interior looks absolutely fantastic.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts