Ford Inside News banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mark Phelan: Chevy Malibu Eco is a terrific car at a good price - DetroitFreePress
March 1, 2012

The Eco scored EPA ratings of 25 m.p.g. in the city, 37 on the highway and 29 in combined driving.

The Malibu Eco I had topped the highway figure by a whopping 7.4 m.p.g. for 44.4 m.p.g. in real-world driving. I set the cruise control to 70 m.p.h. for a total of 234 miles in two separate stints on my way to Chicago and back earlier this month.

Carry the 3. Check your work. Divide miles driven by gallons consumed. Add it again.

Bear with me. Watching a journalist cipherin' isn't pretty. You should see a table of us try to split a check and calculate the tip.

The **** 2013 Chevrolet Malibu Eco made me redo my math. The new midsize sedan's highway fuel economy seemed too good. Its price versus the competition looked too low.

No matter how many times I ran the numbers, the answer was the same: The new Malibu Eco is a terrific car at a good price.

The Eco is the most fuel-efficient version of the all-new 2013 Malibu. It uses a small electric motor and battery to supplement its engine and reduce fuel consumption. It's the first of several models of the new Malibu that will go on sale this year.

Prices for the Malibu Eco start at $25,235. In addition to the electric system, the Eco has a 182-horsepower 2.4-liter engine and six-speed automatic transmission. Other engines, including a 2.5-liter base model and high-performance turbocharged 2.0-liter, will be available when the full model line arrives...

More...

·
Registered
57 Posts
I like the point by point listing in this review, easy to get a feel for the considerations. Curious how the new Fusion will stack up. For as many cars as I drool over and think I'm going to buy next after my 2011 Fusion is set to retire in 3 years, its in reality a 3 horse race. Likely will be a malibu 2.5, Fusion 2.5 and a Passat 2.5.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts