Ford Inside News banner

Mark LaNeve, former GM mktg joins Ford Agency - AdAge

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  TurboS40 
#1 ·
Mark LaNeve Joins Team Detroit - AdAge
Former GM Marketing Boss Lands At Ford Agency

Published: July 31, 2012

Mr. LaNeve will lead the strategy and overall operations for the Ford and Lincoln businesses globally.

"Much has been accomplished over the past year in restructuring and building our business; the time is right to bring in a new operational leader who will help take us to the next level," said Satish Korde, CEO of Global Team Ford, to whom Mr. LaNeve will report. "Mark is not only a great industry veteran, he's a seasoned marketing and automotive executive with a strong background in retail, luxury and also the service industry, bringing a diverse amount of operational experience to this role."...

...Mr. LaNeve began his career at GM, serving as brand manager for the Pontiac Bonneville and working for Cadillac. He left in 1997 to become VP-marketing and later CEO of Volvo Cars of North America, then owned by Ford. He returned in 2001 as general manager of Cadillac and became GM North America VP-marketing and advertising in 2004.

He left GM months after the automaker declared bankruptcy in 2009 and became chief marketing officer for Allstate Corp. in Northbrook, Ill., where he oversaw the insurance company's breakthrough "Mayhem" advertising. Mr. LaNeve resigned from Allstate in February, citing personal reasons.

"Ford is an iconic brand with outstanding leadership, great products and an even better future," he said in a statement. "With several options for returning to the industry I love, returning home to Detroit to be part of the Ford team through WPP was simply an opportunity I couldn't pass up."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

1. who-or-what is 'Team Detroit'?
...I recently found:
"Drive One" was by Toby Barlow of 'Team Detroit', a collective that united the five WPP units: JWT, Mindshare, Ogilvy& Mather Worldwide, Wunderman, and Y&R
from
"American Icon" by Bryce Hoffman (Chap 12)

2. I checked Ford's online executive biographies and Mr. LaNeve was not listed, so guess Team Detroit's paychecks don't have a Blue Oval on them.

3. videos at Autoblog's story

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.