Ford Inside News banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
I don't believe so...given the recent developments of Ford and Mazda separating ways. Ford has reduced its stake in Mazda to around 10%...leaving Mazda now independent and under the control of a Fund Manager it has established for itself. Ford and Mazda may share some technology and perhaps could share the platform if the concept was under development prior to Ford and Mazda parting ways...but I imagine that since there are mules of a sub CX-7 crossover being testes already in the US and abroad, I'd imagine that this new Mazda CX-5 would be built on a modified or shortened CX-7 platform...or more likely...based off of the current Mazda 3 platform. The future Kuga and Escape are being built off of the Ford Focus...so the Mazda 3 would be a good starting point for the CX-5.

Here's Autoblog's coverage and spy shots of the CX-5 Test Mule. Click Here

Those are my two cents...what's yours?
RG59061

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't believe so...given the recent developments of Ford and Mazda separating ways. Ford has reduced its stake in Mazda to around 10%...leaving Mazda parts now independent and under the control of a Fund Manager it has established for itself. Ford and Mazda may share some technology and perhaps could share the platform if the concept was under development prior to Ford and Mazda parting ways...but I imagine that since there are mules of a sub CX-7 crossover being testes already in the US and abroad, I'd imagine that this new Mazda CX-5 would be built on a modified or shortened CX-7 platform...or more likely...based off of the current Mazda 3 platform. The future Kuga and Escape are being built off of the Ford Focus...so the Mazda 3 would be a good starting point for the CX-5.

RG59061
I would love to know more about this new car from Mazda and I read in some news that it is indeed a modified CX-7 I bet when they launch this it makes criticism and comparison to CX-7.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts