Ford Inside News banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
WCF said:
Will be introduced later this year
Three lightly camouflaged Mercedes GLCs have been spied in Germany.
Looking far more stylish than the slab-sided GLK that is will replace, the GLC has curvaceous bodywork that echoes the entry-level GLA...

...The interior will be heavily influenced by the C-Class...
...Engine options will also carryover from the C-Class, so expect an assortment of familiar petrol and diesel unit. There should also be a new AMG variant with a twin-turbo 4.0-liter V8 engine that develops 476 PS (350 kW) and 650 Nm (479 lb-ft) of torque.
after my claustrophobia attack in the GLA's frontseat
it's hard to be open-minded

·
Registered
532 Posts
Nooooooooooooooooooo I want the GLK to stay slab sided, with minimum design changes... like the G-Wagon... I can't wait till I can afford a G-Wagon...

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I like MBs new elegant designs, but IMHO the front end of this is too skimpy. It looks like a car with an SUV midsection. I understand crossovers are car-based, blah blah blah, but they should have added some bulk to the front end for a tougher design. I'm not really feelin this. I'l sure it'll perform well, though. I'd spend less for better looking if you catch my drift.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
This is a poor angle because the nose is facing down, but I like the body shape. Mercedes design has improved significantly, I wasn't a fan until the last two years. I would definitely buy one.

·
Registered
532 Posts
This is a poor angle because the nose is facing down, but I like the body shape. Mercedes design has improved significantly, I wasn't a fan until the last two years. I would definitely buy one.
I think its a mistake going away from the boxy design, I think that's why a lot of people love it. I felt the same way about the Escape.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I think its a mistake going away from the boxy design, I think that's why a lot of people love it. I felt the same way about the Escape.
Well, fwiw Escape sales skyrocketed with the new body style. But I agree on the Mercedes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts