Ford Inside News banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mercedes GLE Coupe spotted in almost undisguised AMG form

Say what you will regarding the form and function of the BMW X6, the bottom line is that BMW essentially pioneered a winning formula, sloping a roofline onto an existing model to make a new and highly lucrative) derivative. No wonder rival Mercedes-Benz is clamoring to follow suit with models like the one pictured here.

Under development for some time now, the model originally slated to be called the MLC and now expected to be dubbed GLE Coupe looks about ready for its big debut. It's based on the replacement for the current M-Class (to be rechristened GLE) but with that vital sloping roofline to make it more rakish.

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/12/03/mercedes-gle-amg-coupe-spy-shots/

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
this looks stunning!
btw MB also show a concept that looks really similar to this? so why this have spy pics and the MKX not?
I hate Autoblog! :tongue::angel

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
ref: AmeriLux vs Yurpland POLL
I see Lincoln as the first AmeriLux Brand that could bring out competitors
X-Sport
AviatorSport
actually, Chrysler/FCA could beat them imho BUT they wouldn't be Lux-enough
nor really appropriate for an Imperial subBrand...
(edit)
...maybe??? think I might be chaging my mind - could be the perfect way to CUVify Imperial

·
Registered
614 Posts
Yuck, yuck, YUCK.

I HATE the stupid "utility-coupes". They've got their roll center too high for really good handling, and too slinky of a body for real capacity/utility!

Every one of these, by every make, is proof that fool really want to be parted from their money.

Dumbest vehicle niche(s) existent.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts