·
Super Moderator
7,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mercedes-Maybach 6 Cabriolet Concept Unveiled With An Electric Powertrain
By Michael Gauthier
http://www.carscoops.com/2017/08/vision-mercedes-maybach-6-cabriolet.html

Aug 19, 2017 at 11:56 am

The Mercedes-Maybach 6 Cabriolet concept has been unveiled in California.

Described as "automotive haute couture," the luxurious convertible is a follow-up to last year's coupe and it features a stylish design that is sure to draw attention.

Starting with the exterior, the 6 Cabriolet concept has a nautical blue metallic finish and a massive grille that is inspired by pinstriped suits. The car also features an extremely long hood, a short windscreen, and 24-inch center locking wheels.

Motivation is provided by four electric motors which produce a combined output of 750 PS (550 kW). This setup enables the all-wheel drive concept to accelerate from 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) in less than four seconds before hitting a limited top speed of 250 km/h (155 mph).

http://www.carscoops.com/2017/08/vision-mercedes-maybach-6-cabriolet.html

·
Super Moderator
7,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One thing about an electric drivetrain, you can design any type of proportions. From that ev platform, it can be a two door roadster, two door 4 passenger coupe or 4 door sedan.

·
Super Moderator
7,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What a shame it would be to see this car sitting on the side of the road with no charge.
....or no gas. But it could charge up and be fully charged before leaving home every day. Unlike a combustion engine vehicle that has less and less and less range every day until driving to a gas station that's open to fill up.:wink2:

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Very dramatic design!

·
Registered
5,933 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^....really?? Paint color yes...how about the chrome trim along the base, large chrome design element connecting front door with the front fender, continuous/primary body line from front light straight to the back, thin wrap-around tail lights and rounded front end at side profile.

That could be a concept for a big Continental coupe.

·
Registered
10,933 Posts
....or no gas. But it could charge up and be fully charged before leaving home every day. Unlike a combustion engine vehicle that has less and less and less range every day until driving to a gas station that's open to fill up.:wink2:
Odds of running out of gas due to no gas station in your 500 mile travels....about 1%
Odds of battery depletion after much fewer miles traveled.....about 100%

Bloggin, try as you might, there is no way you can convince me that range anxiety and other drawbacks to EV are anywhere near the simple inconvenience of filling up....while getting a drink or snack in the process.

Good luck with that though:x

·
Super Moderator
7,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
^....since I have not driven over 200 miles in one day in at least 10 years, the odds of my new Model 3 with a 300+-mile range running out of power before making it back home is very low. If I need to travel 500 miles or more, I am taking a flight or taking the train.

At 300 miles of range, the concept of 'range anxiety' is about important as with a ICE vehicle. My current BMW travels just over 300 miles per tank, and I don't freak out when I get down to just 50 miles of range, even though I have to find a gas station to fill up. But with my Model 3, every day I leave home, I will perpetually have over 300 miles of range....so much better.

Just sayin.......:grin2:

·
Registered
10,933 Posts
It really comes down to the individual and their needs. I am someone who frequently heads out of town on a whim and I often travel far enough to fill my tank several times in a weekend. In nearly every stop for gas, there are human needs that are just as important. So sticking a hose in the tank for several minutes is hardly a concern. I understand that EV owners can google where they can recharge their batteries. My first question then is, how much time that takes, what is the cost to do so, and how long do I have to wait just take my turn. I am someone who does not plan out things very well, and I hate the idea of needing to do so, just to travel. Also, what is my ~250 mile range suddenly depleted to when I use AC or heat or heated seats or....... All good things to know as an EV owner/traveler.

I honestly can't imagine owning EV without a significant amount of anxiety, is my point.
OTOH, I rarely recall ever having anxiety on my ICE vehicle when about to travel, unless it was old and in potential need of some repair, to which I can prepare or repair in advance.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
It really comes down to the individual and their needs. I am someone who frequently heads out of town on a whim and I often travel far enough to fill my tank several times in a weekend. In nearly every stop for gas, there are human needs that are just as important. So sticking a hose in the tank for several minutes is hardly a concern. I understand that EV owners can google where they can recharge their batteries. My first question then is, how much time that takes, what is the cost to do so, and how long do I have to wait just take my turn. I am someone who does not plan out things very well, and I hate the idea of needing to do so, just to travel. Also, what is my ~250 mile range suddenly depleted to when I use AC or heat or heated seats or....... All good things to know as an EV owner/traveler.

I honestly can't imagine owning EV without a significant amount of anxiety, is my point.
OTOH, I rarely recall ever having anxiety on my ICE vehicle when about to travel, unless it was old and in potential need of some repair, to which I can prepare or repair in advance.
The auto industry need to stablish the norms for a common sistem to charge the EVs. Is the only way the EV will turn popular and easy to use likes ICE vehicles. And this must occur very soon

1 - 16 of 16 Posts