1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By Nat Shirley
Feb 27th, 2013
LLN

Aiming to take on the Fiat 500 Abarth, Ford's new Fiesta ST will undercut its rival by $300 when it goes on sale soon.

The Michigan automaker has revealed that the 2014 Fiesta ST will start at $21,400 (plus a mandatory $795 destination charge). That's about $2,300 less than Ford's larger and more powerful Focus ST.

A host of options including a power moonroof, grey-painted wheels, Recaro-branded sports seats ($1,995), navigation ($795) and a few other goodies boost the Fiesta ST's price to just shy of $27,000 fully loaded.

First shown in production form at the Geneva show last year as a three-door European-market model, the Fiesta ST will arrive in the states sporting an additional pair of doors. Surprisingly, it will also gain more power during its journey stateside: the U.S. model’s 1.6-liter EcoBoost four-cylinder will produce 197 horsepower and 214 lb-ft of torque, while the European version will make do with just 178 ponies and 177 lb-ft.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Whilst quite appreciative of Ford's willingness to bring this to the US market I can not help but wonder who would not just pay the small difference for the Focus ST?

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
just imho
the Focus has a number questionable design choices (in & out) that would make me consider the Fiesta
IF
the Fiesta was wider
If the Fiesta was wider it would be a Focus.

AND

Beauty being in the eye of the beholder I find the Focus to be a far more attractive vehicle! :thumb:

·
Registered
919 Posts
My only complaint now for the '14 Fiesta are the controls on the steering wheel. NO DAMN VOLUMN!!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts