Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Jose^,
autoblog said:
According to TheDetroitBureau.com...
...the article states new MKS and Navigator designs are expected to debut by 2014.
seems to me they're referencing this article, which I posted in the LincStang thread when it came out.

I'm not convinced that some journalists (& forum posters elsewhere
) aren't confusing 2 (TWO) cars
* an enlarged F-Awd MKS to replace the MKT as an "LTC" (LincolnTouringCar) for U.S. & China, plutocracies/oligarchies
&
* an all new MKS-sized RWD car as a reborn CONTINENTAL, global flagship

my interpretation of what I've read is:
the RWD cars were greenlighted some time ago and ARE being worked on
but
that they won't come out until after the 2 vehicles that follow the MKC cuvlet
so sometime during 2015cy/2016my at the earliest (imho the LincStang first).

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Really? at Detroit autoshow? In a concept form? at least..... this car must be ready by the Escape launch...

·
Registered
183 Posts
I surmise this will be the first Lincoln entry where Max Wolfe will be heavily involved in the design from start to finish so I'm expecting a very clear departure from anything associated with Ford designwise.....interior bits especially. I'm hoping it will take on the styling similar to the Evoque as some others here have speculated about. A nice sleek looking coupelike 5 door small SUV is what this brand could really use right now IMHO. I sure wish I could go to the NAIAS.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
^ I've posted my qualms in an earlier thread
but have sorta declared a personal moratorium since we're getting so close to NAIAS
:toetap:
but
saw an interesting-imho beyond-styling question posted elsewhere:
What (features) could a MKC have that would definitively differentiate it from the Escape?
off the top of my head,
I'd really like to see the start of the Bespoke Program "sampled" on the Concept...
...hopefully implying that a new level of personalization will debut across the lineup in 2014cy/2015my offerings

...that^
&
have the Concept be equipped with the Nano 2.#EB

·
Registered
607 Posts
It won't have that ugly, bulbous front end from the new MKZ, will it??

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
The MKZ front end was just a last minute change, and shouldn't reflect the future of Lincoln.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Nice and early on the first day... excellent

·
Registered
183 Posts
What (features) could a MKC have that would definitively differentiate it from the Escape?
off the top of my head,

have the Concept be equipped with the Nano 2.#EB
Here is my "short list" of features that I think the MKC will need to create some ground between it and the Escape

Exterior
- LED adaptive headlamps
- Full LED taillights

Interior
- Dual power heated/cooled front seats
- Heated rear seats
- Exotic colored leather seats (deep red, sienna, navy)
- Brushed nickel and walnut accents

Technology
- Active crash mitigation system with brake assist
- Adaptive cruise control
- Head-up display
- Eco, sport, normal modes
- Lane keep assist

Mechanical
- 2.0T standard with "nano 2.#" V6 optional

2b2 I'm intrigued buy this nano V6 that you speak of, is this something already in the works at Ford or this an engine currently being debated for production. I'm wondering if it will essentially be Ford's take on the 2.8T offered by GM.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
THANKS for picking up on my question, CrunkedRL!!

Exterior
- LED adaptive headlamps
- Full LED taillights
I'd still like HIDDEN headlites on all Lincolns

Interior
- Exotic colored leather seats (deep red, sienna, navy)
since you mention "exotic",
I've wondered about exotic-leather patterned upholstery trim; like alligator, reptile, eel-shark-stingray...

Technology
- Head-up display
YES!
- Eco, sport, normal modes
also height-adjustable suspension from LandRover, but better
& also for speed & handling, not just soft-roading

Mechanical
- 2.0T standard with "nano 2.#" V6 optional
Nano V6 that you speak of...
FoMoCo has been working on the Nano since at least Oct,2008 (LINK)
when did work start on GM's 2.8T?
and either way, imho it's just reasonable, not copying
also
there are
- 2.3 4cyl and
- 1.5 3cyl engines in development
imho in the near future, Fords will have 3cyls in many cars (the 1.5EB could produce 210hp in production trim) and a Lincoln-distinction will be Not using less than a 4cyl in their smaller vehicles (just Imho)

·
Registered
183 Posts
THANKS for picking up on my question, CrunkedRL!!

FoMoCo has been working on the Nano since at least Oct,2008 (LINK)
and either way, imho it's just reasonable, not copying
also
there are
- 2.3 4cyl and
- 1.5 3cyl engines in development
imho in the near future, Fords will have 3cyls in many cars (the 1.5EB could produce 210hp in production trim) and a Lincoln-distinction will be Not using less than a 4cyl in their smaller vehicles (just Imho)
The 2.8T was a global GM V6 engine used in certain Saab models for several years and later the Cadillac SRX. The 2.8T had a very short run in the SRX see link ( URL="http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2011/01/wither-the-cadillac-2-8t-v6/"] ) as it was not the best application for this engine considering the efficiency and performance of the 3.6l V6

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'd like to see, in addition to those excellent features and ideas already mentioned:

1. THX II Audio system (or just something that kicks ass)
2. Power tilt and tele steering wheel with heat
3. Separate temperature and fan control for rear seat passengers (kinda like in the Genesis - just a simple blue/red temp control and fan speed control cuz I'm sick of the feeble airflow that comes out of most rear vents!)
4. Quiet cabin (way quiet cabin)
5. Smoother, luxurious ride
6. Performance hybrid power train option
7. Power pedals tied into seat memory (along with the tilt/tele wheel and other adjustables)
8. Decent looking wheel choices!

That's it for now...

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Development probably started some time before 2005.

February 16, 2005 GM announces new turbocharged 2.8 litre V-6 engine

Detroit, Michigan - General Motors announced a new 2.8 litre turbocharged V6 engine, the third variant of their global V-6 family. Engineers from GM Powertrain in North America and FGP - the Europe-based Fiat-General Motors Powertrain consortium - as well as Australian-based Holden collaborated on the development.

The 2.8L V-6 Turbo debuts in the Aero models of the all-new Saab 9-3 SportCombi, Sport Sedan and Convertible. Technology such as a twin-scroll turbocharger and variable intake valve timing helps the 2.8L V-6 Turbo achieve 250 horsepower and 258 lb.-ft. of torque in the 9-3.
- http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44237

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
I'd like to see, in addition to those excellent features and ideas already mentioned:

1. THX II Audio system (or just something that kicks ass)
2. Power tilt and tele steering wheel with heat
3. Separate temperature and fan control for rear seat passengers (kinda like in the Genesis - just a simple blue/red temp control and fan speed control cuz I'm sick of the feeble airflow that comes out of most rear vents!)
4. Quiet cabin (way quiet cabin)
5. Smoother, luxurious ride
6. Performance hybrid power train option
7. Power pedals tied into seat memory (along with the tilt/tele wheel and other adjustables)
8. Decent looking wheel choices!

That's it for now...
I think they should give the MKC Lincoln's Continuously Controlled Damping (CCD) suspension (retuned for crossover SUV application), and maybe wider tracks too so that it handles better (improve driving dynamics etc)
They should also give it aluminum panels to keep the weight down (to compensate for the added insulation).

·
Registered
717 Posts
I think they should give the MKC Lincoln's Continuously Controlled Damping (CCD) suspension (retuned for crossover SUV application), and maybe wider tracks too so that it handles better (improve driving dynamics etc)
They should also give it aluminum panels to keep the weight down (to compensate for the added insulation).

It will have CCD. ALL Lincolns will have CCD from this point forward.

·
Registered
607 Posts
With the new Escape bigger and roomier than the last one, is there a need for the Edge and MKX?

·
Registered
69 Posts
With the new Escape bigger and roomier than the last one, is there a need for the Edge and MKX?
I think there is, although in a reformulated fashion than their current versions.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
is the new Eskugape really that much bigger/roomier?

...I've always thought of the Edge as a large/wide 2-row & the Escape as a smaller/narrower one - with both being just fine!
Now if the platform is stretched at all for the MKC, then I could see that
- encroaching on the MKX's turf
- maybe making the nextgen, CD4 MKX sorta in between the nextgen Edge & S-Max in it's interior volume (tho still a 2-row since I'm hoping for both an Aviator & Navi as 3-rows)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts