Ford Inside News banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MKC key to Lincoln's conquest drive

The Lincoln MKC is expected to arrive in dealerships in June, not a moment too soon for some long-suffering Lincoln dealers. The MKC will give Lincoln an entry in the luxury market's hottest segment: compact crossovers.

Lincoln, once a luxury giant, is now a small player. To grow its business back, the brand is picking its spots by trying to conquest from competitors in key segments.

Lincoln dealers got a chance to drive the MKC and competitive vehicles last month in Las Vegas. "It ought to be our No. 1 selling vehicle," said Bill Knight, chairman of the Lincoln National Dealer Council.

But that might not be a very big number for Lincoln, which ranked a distant eighth among luxury brands through the first four months of 2014 with U.S. sales of 28,406 units. Last year, the MKZ was the top-selling Lincoln with U.S. sales of 32,361.

IHS Automotive forecasts the MKC will total U.S. sales of between 26,000 and 28,000 per year. That would put the vehicle well behind the segment-leading Acura RDX, which sold 44,750 units in 2013. The Audi Q5 was second at 40,355, followed by the Mercedes-Benz GLK at 32,553 and BMW X3 at 30,623, according to IHS.

http://www.autonews.com/article/20140518/RETAIL01/305199955/mkc-key-to-lincolns-conquest-drive

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
This seems like the perfect vehicle for conquest sales, with woman making up a significant demographic in this hot segment.

I think it will easily exceed the 28K volume estimate, perhaps as high as 40K.....and with a huge chunk taken right out of the competition, maybe RDX won't be the volume leader for long.

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it will easily exceed the 28K volume estimate, perhaps as high as 40K.....and with a huge chunk taken right out of the competition, maybe RDX won't be the volume leader for long.
I also think that, it will exceed the 28k volume estimate, more than 30k, I would love to see the C as the volume leader!!

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
I'm *certain* they'll sell every MKC they build

UNfortunately, afaik they have NO intention of building as many as they Could sell
funny, that is the commitment from Ford to Lincoln??:banghead: the preffer to sell more Escapes than MKCs??
Maybe Lincoln is wanting to sell fewer vehicles in order to not dilute the brand's exclusivity much like Ferrari! If they sell to many they'll just be compared to volume brands like Ford and that wouldn't be good for business.

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe Lincoln is wanting to sell fewer vehicles in order to not dilute the brand's exclusivity much like Ferrari! If they sell to many they'll just be compared to volume brands like Ford and that wouldn't be good for business.
come on SP, even I don't think that Lincoln can be compared to Ferrari

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
come on SP, even I don't think that Lincoln can be compared to Ferrari
I'm not saying they compare to Ferrari, but like Ferrari maybe they want to ensure their products being as great as they are remain exclusive! You don't want to let just any Tom, Dick, or Harry join the club!!

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Maybe Lincoln is wanting to sell fewer vehicles in order to not dilute the brand's exclusivity _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If they sell to many they'll just be compared to volume brands like Ford and that wouldn't be good for business.
If they sell too many,
they'll just be compared to volume brands like BMW, MB, Audi

fixed ^^^​
:nevreness:

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I also think that, it will exceed the 28k volume estimate, more than 30k, I would love to see the C as the volume leader!!
They should easily exceed that estimate...especially if there is a lack of MKXs available due to model changeover.
Will it also steal sales from the MKZ though?

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
This seems like the perfect vehicle for conquest sales, with woman making up a significant demographic in this hot segment.

Ford can do 40000 MK Cs , keeping the actual Escape production capacity? I think no. What you know about that, Wings?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts