Ford Inside News banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mk"T"-Mule 1st spypix AND...

WARNING: ignore everything but the grille
Autoblog, via "KGP Photographers have caught a Taurus X-based mule wearing Lincoln's new split grille that will first appear on the MKS sedan..."

click ^thumbs^ to go to the "Currier&Ives" gallery ...too bad these weren't in time to be used as Xmas cards.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I attempted to leave a comment on the site. It tells me I was successful, but I don't see it there. Anyway, a couple of posters are convinced it's a Taurus X. But if you look closely at the profile shot you can make out an extra panel between the front and rear doors. I think it's a Taurus X body modified to fit over the new vehicle for test pruposes.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
I attempted to leave a comment on the site. It tells me I was successful, but I don't see it there. Anyway, a couple of posters are convinced it's a Taurus X. But if you look closely at the profile shot you can make out an extra panel between the front and rear doors. I think it's a Taurus X body modified to fit over the new vehicle for test pruposes.
That is exactly what it is.

If you don't have an Autoblog password, just check the email you filled their form with, there most be an email with a link to validate and post your comment and a password for future posts, which you can chage for something easy to remember.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not really news (except for the 'name') or confirmed but:
...What we're seeing here is a cooling mule, to see if the design of this car's front clip is capable of keeping the engine cool enough to not disintegrate. The only production-relevant part of this vehicle is the front clip.. nothing else.

I have some good information on this vehicle, if anyone is interesting in hearing it.

The name will be the Lincoln MKT, and it represents a step up from the MKX. It will be loosely based on the underpinnings of the Ford Flex, but it won't share many parts. It will have three rows, with a design theme of "corporate jet". Pricing will start between $40,000 and $45,000, and end up in the high $50,000 range fully loaded.

Engines will include the Lincoln 3.7L V6, rated between 275 and 290hp, and the twin-turbo TwinForce 3.5L V6, which will be rated between 350hp and 400hp. The base engine will be mated to a 6-speed automatic, and the turbo will have a 6-speed dual-clutch gearbox. The Lincoln direct-injected 3.7L V6 will likely make an appearance, either replacing or supplementing the base engine.

Standard and optional equipment will include all the usual delights from the MKS, including the integrated keypad (WAY cool), power everything, HIDs up front and LEDs out back, AdvanceTrac, Ford's intelligent AWD (a surprising performance-oriented system for those who've driven it), mega-sunroof, radar cruise, rain-sensing wipers, power sunshades, keyless ignition, reverse camera, 14-speaker 5.1 surround sound, voice-DVD navi with Sync, 20" rims, not to mention the wrapped dash, and tons of real wood and metal on the inside.
link

------------
what I want to know is
Any chance of the 6 door innovation happening???

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
That is exactly what it is.

If you don't have an Autoblog password, just check the email you filled their form with, there most be an email with a link to validate and post your comment and a password for future posts, which you can chage for something easy to remember.

I just went back and found my post. In the mean time another has come along and said the same thing.

All that aside, when is this product expected in showrooms?

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mk"T"-Mule 1st spypix AND...

...It will be interesting to see how the "MKT" turns out when its unveiled.

speaking of which,
from Edmunds.com/Insideline
"...In an innocuous story about recent trends in car names,
the Los Angeles Times this weekend let it slip that the 2009 Lincoln MKT
will make its debut at next week's 2008 Detroit Auto Show..."

more

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I thought the Lincoln was going to be released 1 year after the Flex.
If they show it this week, I would expect it to be at the dealers no earlier than spring 2009

1 - 10 of 10 Posts