Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Media.Ford.com: via Igor
LINCOLN MKX DELIVERS MORE LUXURY,
INNOVATIVE TECHNOLOGY AND STANDARD FEATURES FOR 2008

igor said:

New Packages:
Elite Package adds: Voice-activated DVD-based navigation system; Panoramic Vista Roof™; THX II-Certified audio system.
Limited Edition includes: Chrome exterior handles; ‘Limited Edition’ vehicle badge; Charcoal Black interior with fineline Ebony wood; Ebony floor carpet and floor mats with logo; Premium leather seating in Charcoal Black with Medium Light Stone inserts and piping; Stitched Lincoln Star on the first-row headrests; all-new 20-inch chrome-clad wheels.
Monochrome Limited Edition includes: All features of the Limited Edition plus a monochromatic body color grille.
Ultimate Package includes: 18-inch, 8-spoke chrome-clad aluminum wheels; Adaptive headlamps; EasyFold™ second-row remote seat release; Power liftgate; Universal garage door opener; Premium leather seating with contrast piping; Below floor cargo management system.

Standard features include:
Lincoln Sync™ communications and entertainment system;
Heated and cooled front seats;
Four-wheel disc brakes with Anti-lock Braking System (ABS);
Power locks;
Auto-dimming rearview mirror;
4-power points;
Remote keyless entry;
Power windows with driver and passenger one-touch up/down;
Two-speed rear wiper;
Privacy glass;
Heated, dual power mirrors with memory;
18-inch machined aluminum wheels;
Air conditioning;
Premium AM/FM stereo/clock/CDx6/MP3 with 6 speakers and SIRIUS® Satellite Radio with 6-month pre-paid subscription;
Auxiliary audio input jack;
Floor mats;
Overhead console;
Manual tilt and telescoping steering wheel;
Leather wrapped steering with genuine wood accents, speed control and redundant audio controls;
AdvanceTrac® with RSC®;
Belt-Minder®;
Child safety locks;
Height adjustable safety belts;
LATCH;
Personal Safety System®;
Reverse Sensing System;
SecuriLock® passive anti-theft system;
Perimeter anti-theft alarm;
Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS).
Optional features include: 20-inch chrome-clad wheels;
Panoramic Vista Roof™;
Roof rack side rails;
Heated rear seats;
Rear seat DVD entertainment system;
THX II-Certified audio system with 14 speakers;
Voice-activated, DVD-based navigation system.

Still no HID's ..
Igor

more including a 1 page Product Highlights pdf download

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Sand interior is now available with the dark (ebony) wood panels. I guess this is in response to popular demand.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^^^ Nice, Sobe!
glad they're finding a way to make beige NotBoring!
&
That new grille is nice.
Tho I still like the std. chrome version, it's good to offer choices & it's Good that SYNC is Std.
So
next, offer that grille as an opt on more ext colors
then
maybe add a HID HL and LED fog option
and
a chrome lower fascia/bumper option based on the 60's Continental style (Ford datainers: sketch available upon request)
&
don't wait for MCE's or even the next model year.

Think haute couture and have fall/winter and spring/summer 'collections'.
just keep it coming!

heck, Lincoln could sponsor the next Project Runway (or does Saturn have that 'sewn up' >.< sorry)... just DoN't let the 'designers' anywhere near the interior... 'cept for maybe a one-off charity thingie - OR have the finalists each do one Lincoln vehicle??? Hmmm.... dataminers, you listening?

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
did you notice the buttons are GREY instead of silver?

Could this be a new Lincoln interior direction?

Igor
Very good and interesting catch. You can barely see it there but the Temp buttons in the HVAC controls now are surrounded by a chrome ring that visually make a huge improvement.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
hmm .. interesting ... so Ford is refining the switchgear .. I wonder whether the Edge gets the new buttons ..

Igor

I think you might be confusing "refining" with "cost cutting".

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
.........New?
Although is clear that 2b2 meant NEW for the MKX, I still will have to side with megeebee here. The two tone interior is not a new trend for Lincoln in general or the MKX in particular, the novelty here is that in tthe 2008 MKX the beige two tone are much more contrasting that they were in the 2007 MKX.

2007 and 2008 MKX

Saying that a two tone interior is a new trend would be like saying that independent rear suspension is a new trend in trucks if and when GM finally decides to give it to their big SUVs, you know for composed ride, rear cargo space and the benefit of the third row passengers. Did anyone said cost cutting?

hmm .. interesting ... so Ford is refining the switchgear .. I wonder whether the Edge gets the new buttons ..

Igor
The Edge never had the silver buttons so I am not sure what they could do with those.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
.........New?
new trend, not design
specifically as an anti-chroming trend exhibit A
in addition to the continuing ImprovedInteriors trend
and maybe more so, as a re-focusing: stealth outside, elaborated inside

imho we're just about in a late-50's-ish phase of overdone exteriors
& re: Lincoln, I can't wait for the return of 1961-Continental-elegance.

(or were you just [strike]giving me a hard time ;))[/strike]
...keeping me honest?)

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
imho we're just about in a late-50's-ish phase of overdone exteriors
& re: Lincoln, I can't wait for the return of 1961-Continental-elegance.

(or were you just [strike]giving me a hard time ;))[/strike]
...keeping me honest?)

Think of me as the loyal opposition....

And thank you for your comment on the state of auto design. At last the truth is spoken. I blame BMW and their insistance on giving Chris Bangle a pay check. I think most BMW designs are inexpicably bad. But, they are BMW's so they sell. In fact the public can't seem to get enough of them.
And grilles in general are becoming almost comic across the entire industry. Mercury I must say is one of them (I'm thinking especially of the Mariner and Mountaineer), Toyota's trucks, and I'm bound to say Cadillac's. I have not seen the '08 CTS or STS in person yet, but I don't think I need to. They are down right Baroque. As an Interior Designer friend of mine says: "It's not done 'til it's overdone." I disagree.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts

And thank you for your comment on the state of auto design. At last the truth is spoken. I blame BMW and their insistance on giving Chris Bangle a pay check. I think most BMW designs are inexpicably bad. But, they are BMW's so they sell. In fact the public can't seem to get enough of them.
Yikes!! Some of them are horrible but some are not. The new 3 series coupe is one of the hottest things on wheels. The hardtop convertible, not so hot.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Yikes!! Some of them are horrible but some are not. The new 3 series coupe is one of the hottest things on wheels. The hardtop convertible, not so hot.

You're right. I take that back. I do think the 3 coupe is great. But the sedan stinks.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

And grilles in general are becoming almost comic across the entire industry. Mercury I must say is one of them (I'm thinking especially of the Mariner and Mountaineer), Toyota's trucks, and I'm bound to say Cadillac's. I have not seen the '08 CTS or STS in person yet, but I don't think I need to. They are down right Baroque. As an Interior Designer friend of mine says: "It's not done 'til it's overdone." I disagree.

Hi L.O.! & Y.W.
Now of course I'm gonna disagree about the Mercs' waterfalls :wub: & :p in your general direction
but I see this 'ornamentation' syndrome as having to do with the (partly cause by the internet & other global communication advances) emergence of Global Style that I wrote about (shamelessly self-serving link). The mfgs must be going crazy trying to 1 fit in, while 2 looking distinct (poor poor mfgs)
but as I said early, the Key is gonna be in proportions & the 'gesalt', not shiny-object-details...
'course we all know which is easier to 'tack on'.
(& unfortunately, which the s.a.s.* consumers react to)

* s.a.s. short attention span
Harvard study 2009: the average consumer has an attention span too short to measure with current technology and therefore won't have read this footnote

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
* s.a.s. short attention span
Harvard study 2009: the average consumer has an attention span too short to measure with current technology and therefore won't have read this footnote

Again, I defeat the very IDEA of average. Thanks for the opportunity to "tack-on" this message. Think of it as a sort of hood ornament (or front fender vent, these days) made of electrons.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts