Ford Inside News banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
A couple of weeks ago, I spotted my first 'REAL' 2016 out in the wild on a parking-lot in Tampa.

Guess you're not surprised when I'm saying that I liked it...:lmao:

·
Registered
532 Posts
+
+
+
+ :toetap: . . .

. . .
Haha I was looking for details so much that I didnt think to take pics until it was too late. But after seeing the MKZ i'm a little more confident in the refresh. I think its going to look good. I like the details in the headlamps. If I remember correctly, the outer half the them had jewel like details like the Conti concept headlamps, followed by a single LED projector.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Nice looking vehicle, wheels are much too small however.

Edit: Just saw the wheels of the CRV next to it; all of a sudden the MKX's rims don't seem as bad...

·
Registered
193 Posts
Nice looking vehicle, wheels are much too small however.

Edit: Just saw the wheels of the CRV next to it; all of a sudden the MKX's rims don't seem as bad...
The one in the pic appears to be a base model, so it has the 18" wheels on it. For some reason, I think that even the 20s look a bit small on the X. The 21s come standard up here on the 2.7s (as does AWD) and while I love the look of them and that their width gives the vehicle a very sporty look, there is a price to pay. There is a hint of road noise from them discernible from within the cabin and they tend to thump a bit more over bumps than I'd like.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
The one in the pic appears to be a base model, so it has the 18" wheels on it. For some reason, I think that even the 20s look a bit small on the X. The 21s come standard up here on the 2.7s (as does AWD) and while I love the look of them and that their width gives the vehicle a very sporty look, there is a price to pay. There is a hint of road noise from them discernible from within the cabin and they tend to thump a bit more over bumps than I'd like.
I hear you.

If I'd had to place my MKX order today, I'd have a hard time deciding between the 20s and 21s...

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I saw a Black Label MKX today in Philadelphia! Looked beautiful. It was next to a 2010 X5 and made it look ancient too, which was nice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts