Ford Inside News banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking for opinions? I am building and pricing my (hopefully!) near-future 2014 Lincoln MKZ and can't decide which wheels to choose. I am thinking either Tuxedo Black with Hazelnut interior and the 18-spoke wheels, or Sterling Gray with black interior and the 10-spoke wheels.
Thoughts? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Just looking for opinions? I am building and pricing my (hopefully!) near-future 2014 Lincoln MKZ and can't decide which wheels to choose. I am thinking either Tuxedo Black with Hazelnut interior and the 18-spoke wheels, or Sterling Gray with black interior and the 10-spoke wheels.
Thoughts? Thanks!
18 spoke of course :rock:

·
Registered
5,933 Posts

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
In the Chinese language the number ten is a number that brings great fortune , and the ten spoke wheels will bring your car great fortune.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
^ I've always heard that 8 & 6 (esp 8) are the favored numbers for Chinese people
(& 4 is the number of death = to be avoided)

Thoughts? Thanks!
longislander!

I've only seen the 20-spoke Preferred wheels in person
which ARE nice...
tho might like the 18" double-7s too

...I might look into aftermarket wheels if I could afford a Z

&
have you seen the Hazelnut leather?
I only saw it under artificial light but might prefer that regardless of paint color...
...too bad the Truffle&Ganache interior of the Indulgence [BlackLabel] is a year away yet

&
have you seen the DarkSide paint yet (we've got pix somewhere)

·
Registered
358 Posts
Hazelnut is such an underrated interior color. I don't understand why the dealers order so few for stock. The black interior has no contrast, and the dune interior is too light for my tastes. It's a shame they limit the exterior color choices with it, because I don't see why every color wouldn't work with it.

I noticed a Fusion in Dark Side parked on the Ford dealer's storage lot behind my office yesterday and was instantly sold on it. It shifts between dark green, blue, and black depending on the light and angle. Given that this is the only non-monochromatic color that you can get with Hazelnut on the MKZ, it would surely be my pick if I buy one.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Sorry for losing track of your original question. I haven't paid much attention to the 18- and 10-spoke options since they aren't available on Hybrid, but from the pictures above I'd go with the 18-spoke. The 10-spokes have too much of a gap and would only be worth it if you were trying to show off performance brakes or something of the like.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Personally I like number 2 and number 4 it all depends on the exterior color

If it's black I'd go with number 2

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Hazelnut is such an underrated interior color. I don't understand why the dealers order so few for stock. The black interior has no contrast, and the dune interior is too light for my tastes. It's a shame they limit the exterior color choices with it, because I don't see why every color wouldn't work with it.
What I don't like about Hazelnut is the fact that it comes with a light headliner. That results in three different interior-colors (leather hazelnut, dash black and headliner gray). That's why - although I really like the hazelnut leather - I prefer dune. It comes with the matching headliner and still has a contrast with the black dash.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
if your preferences agree with LincolnFanFl, that'd make Dune the definite pick imho,
I don't mind a 2 different tones as background, ie dash & headliner;
& can't go wrong with any of Tuxedo, Sterling, or DarkSide imho

probably would choose the Preferred wheels *if* they don't require an expensive Package...
...for aftermarket had some samples in Here

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
was just playing with the Z configurator (on Library puter)
& it seems like the Hybrid *only* comes with the 18" wheels unless you choose the Preferred trim
ie that the other two 19" wheels are NOT available at all on the Hybrid
Is that right?
&
was actually trying to check the availability of paint colors with Hazelnut Leather
got:
Tuxedo
DarkSide
Sterling Gray
Ingot Silver
Platinum Dune
White Platinum
if right, guess 6 out of 10 isn't too bad
esp considering [BlackLabel] down the line

1 - 17 of 17 Posts