Ford Inside News banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My opinion is that the rear end of the MKZ is un- proportional and makes the vehicle look weird. Saw one yesterday.. I did not like it.

The Lights look odd-- I think they goo way too deep towards the trunks center

But, the front is OK

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The problem I see is they take too much space on the trunks.. rear.. and given that the MKZ does not have a high butt.. like say Lexus GS

the little space left between lights looks out of place

This is what it should have looked like

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
I literally Hated the production Zephyr at first due entirely to Ford's horrible official pix VS the lovely & re-touched concept pix.

As better pix surfaced & when I finally saw one in the real world, that Changed! Imho the Zephyr/MKZ is a real eye-catcher on the street! Better than Any pic to date.

That said, I'm wondering WHEN they're going to start using the more 'svelte' taillite styling shown on the Zephyr-concept and MKR? :confused:

particularly IF the production MKS still has its yet-another-style even-if-they-are-clear-now concept taillites... re-:confused:

(sorry for all the formatting - I'm getting sorta hyper about Lincoln lately)
&
ps the MKXiator's yet-aNother-Nother-style taillites/rear-end was love at first sight.
edit: funny; I don't mind various Lincolns having different faces(grilles) but I'd really like to see a 'family butt' ;)

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think the milan is better than the MKZ

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I sometimes wonder how could they be soo off from Concept? GM has sort of mastered the art of making concepts reality, save for interior materials..

from HHR onwards.. they have been pretty good...

Ford on the other hand....

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
I sometimes wonder how could they be soo off from Concept? GM has sort of mastered the art of making concepts reality, save for interior materials..

from HHR onwards.. they have been pretty good...
I kinda think the Milan (& 500/Montego) concept renderings came after the cars were done...
&
re: GM - except for the G6 (don't have time at the moment to post pix)

·
Registered
764 Posts
When the Zephyr was released,like other people, I couldnt stand the rear end of the car. Then youd go take a look at the rearend of the concept and ask why they changed it so much. But after seeing the MKZ and Zephyr in person, I have really started to like them more and more. I still think the Zephyr concept rearend would look good on the MKZ too though.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I rather like the MKZ's tail lights. Of the Mexican trio, I think the Milan's design is the most awkward:
You are 100% right. The Milan rearend looks completely out of place on it. The front looks great, but that rearend need some work to look something like the concept drawing that was posted.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
^^ I really love the Milan (duh) - all that they need to do to the TL's is a lense mod.
(OT) also'd like a bit more 'smile' to the shape of the waterfall ( the Milan-ization of the MonSABLEtego is a HUGE improvement - still/just a tad too square)
note: to Ford dataminers - sketch still available upon request - or if a suggestion email is ever published ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts