Ford Inside News banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While we’re hoping that Autobild’s claims for a sportier version of the Mondeo Sedan in 2012 are based on actual facts, we’re crossing our fingers and praying to God that Ford’s anti-VW Passat CC proposal will have very little in common in terms of design with this artist’s rendering. The front-end of the car looks like a swollen fish that came out of an appointment with a bad dentist. Utterly ugly.

Autobild
Car Scoop

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Re: Mondeo Coupe

Thanks for posting this, Mbuku!

I kinda like most of it - tho Not as a family-sedan pretending to be a coupe...
as a upscale sportsedan imho it has possibilities
tho they're saying Mondeo, I'm thinking using some of its styling on a GRwdP
but
it's just a rendering
&
attached is a bigger version cropped from one posted by CSS member, wildeye
(^suitable for chopping^ ;))

Attachments

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
While we’re hoping that Autobild’s claims for a sportier version of the Mondeo Sedan in 2012 are based on actual facts, we’re crossing our fingers and praying to God that Ford’s anti-VW Passat CC proposal will have very little in common in terms of design with this artist’s rendering. The front-end of the car looks like a swollen fish that came out of an appointment with a bad dentist. Utterly ugly.

Autobild
Car Scoop
I' not agree with you. This car is amazing, very diferent from anything on the road today. Ford need to be diferent, atractive, futuristic...and this car is. The front end is consistent with the image of the Ford Explorer America..... Maybe this car is the start of the new Ford desing direction...for Ford in europe and in America.

Is a good design...a love-it-or-hate-it design...but very good!

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Re: MoNNNNNNNNNdeo Coupe

via WingsNut @ AWCC

www.egmcartech.com-
Next Ford Mondeo to be badged Taurus in the U.S., four-door-coupe planned

"...According to CAR Online, Ford is working on a four-door-coupe version of the Ford Mondeo that is currently only available in a sedan and wagon variant.

As we already know, Ford is now making all its upcoming European models of global potential. The next-generation Mondeo is also expected to replace the current and disappointing Ford Taurus (yes that rebadged Ford Five Hundred one).

Due out in late 2012 or early 2013, the next-generation Mondeo will see few changes especially to its front fascia that will incorporate the new Ford Fiesta style look..."

--------------
& previously swiped by Vince, quote: "This time from Car magazine" >>> carmagazine.co.uk

--------------

my question:
what about the Rwd Taurus??? *cough*Tbird*cough*

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Mondeo is offered in HB as well.
Mondeo is not replacing Taurus.
North American Fusion will merge with the Mondeo platform 2012 and most likely still be called the Fusion.
Reading this article (Car) they noted that "The next-generation Mondeo will also get an impressive list of features like lane departure technology, adaptive cruise control with speed-limit recognition, a new MMI, Keyless Go, park assist.

The current Mondeo is offered with all these listed features except the lane departure.
Not sure which new MMI they speak about as the HMI (Human Machine Interface) control is favored because "driver uses a steering wheel-mounted control to navigate menus displayed on the color screen at the instrument binnacle. You don't need to turn your attention away from driving, so it is more initiative and ergonomical than i-Drive, MMI or the like."

The Coupe info from what I have read will get several premium features the sedan, wagon and hatch will likely miss out on, to justify the higher price point of the coupé. Among them are active steering in sync with lane departure compensation, adaptive cruise control together with speed limit recognition and stop-and-go mode.

There will also be a fresh approach to MMI, Keyless Go with programmable user profile, automatic parking aid, AdBlue diesel technology, plus a micro-hybrid version with starter-generator, brake regeneration and buffer battery.

Also on the cards – for top-spec Ghia and Titanium X models – are air suspension, four-wheel drive and a version of the 2.7-litre V6 diesel Ford has just passed on to Tata, the new owners of Jaguar and Land Rover.

The wheelbase, width and length will be changed.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I like everything about it. It looks very European and I love the Euro Fords.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Re: Mo N deo Coupe

thanks for all the info, MKII !

wonder if/how the 3.5v6's will fit into (or substitute for):
"...top-spec Ghia and Titanium X models – are air suspension, four-wheel drive and a version of the 2.7-litre V6 diesel Ford has just passed on to Tata, the new owners of Jaguar and Land Rover."
&
how the bigger-than-Focus U.S. lineup will develop

1 - 12 of 12 Posts