1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Most Anticipated Cars of 2013 - Forbes
Joann Muller, Forbes Staff
9/10/2012

Debuting later this year, the new Lincoln MKZ represents the future of Lincoln. It features impressive styling, with a distinctive retractable glass roof, and other unique features like a push-button gear selector, rear inflatable seatbelts and an intelligent system that controls driving dynamics.

...The timing couldn’t be better for a flood of new products. The average age of cars on the road today is 11 years, creating what automakers say is an unprecedented level of pent-up demand. Many people put off replacing their vehicle over the last few years because they weren’t sure they’d have a job or were worried about keeping a roof over their head. Now that the economy is beginning to recover, credit terms have eased and consumers are feeling more confident about buying big-ticket items. As a result, the industry is beginning to pick up steam...

...If it’s been a while since you shopped for a new vehicle, you’re bound to notice some changes in the showroom. First of all, you can expect a lot better gas mileage than you’re used to. There’s a broader selection of hybrids and plug-in vehicles for sale — at least one by every major manufacturer — as well as marked improvements in the fuel economy of traditional gasoline-powered vehicles. Features like continuously variable transmissions, direct injection, variable valve timing and start-stop technology all help to make today’s cars go further on a tank of gas...

Ford aims to redefine the competitive mid-sized car segment with the Aston Martin-inspired look of the new Fusion sedan, available with gasoline, hybrid and plug-in hybrid powertrains. The hybrid will get 47 mpg in the city; the Fusion Energi plug-in hybrid will get the equivalent of at least 100 mpg.

More...
... Accord - Ram 1500 - Altima - Malibu - ATS - Dart - SantaFe - Tesla ModelS - C-Max Hybrid - Pathfinder - Impala

·
Registered
171 Posts
I wonder if a stretch MKZ Hybrid is forthcoming in lieu of a stretched MKS/MKT
(Royale Limo ran a few and they looked promising...)
But that glass roof would have to be addressed, but still...

·
Registered
761 Posts
I thought the '13 Fusion was already in showrooms but when I stopped by my local dealership to inquire I was told that I could be as long as 7-8 weeks before delivery. I then inquired if the hybrid would be in production along with the petro models and the salesman just shrugged his shoulders as if my guess is as good as any. This seems really odd to me - the Ford websites list the new Fusion under passenger cars for sale not future products. Does anyone know when I can expect to see the Fusion and Hybrid in dealerships? How about the timeline for the MKZ? Thanks!

·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
I thought the '13 Fusion was already in showrooms but when I stopped by my local dealership to inquire I was told that I could be as long as 7-8 weeks before delivery. I then inquired if the hybrid would be in production along with the petro models and the salesman just shrugged his shoulders as if my guess is as good as any. This seems really odd to me - the Ford websites list the new Fusion under passenger cars for sale not future products. Does anyone know when I can expect to see the Fusion and Hybrid in dealerships? How about the timeline for the MKZ? Thanks!
Hybrid starts with the Fusion I believe, however the Energi does not start until early 2013.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I thought the '13 Fusion was already in showrooms but when I stopped by my local dealership to inquire I was told that I could be as long as 7-8 weeks before delivery.
I stopped by my dealer Monday and they are scheduled to have a Fusion and a trainer at the dealership next week. 7-8 weeks before actual deliveries sounds a bit long, IIRC.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Lincoln is the most anticipated car of this year that will be represented by the new Lincoln MKZ. it designs very impressively and unique. The car has not yet been launched in the market but it will come very soon as it is anticipated.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.