Ford Inside News banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know what side to take anymore on Mercury future. If Mercury not around in a couple years, I guess I'll buy used Mercury.:(

·
Registered
919 Posts
I think there are too many speculations on the fate of Mercury. I think there are just as many speculations about poor Mercury as there are Mercury owners. I think we need to let the powers that be do what they need to do. I think if Ford wanted to get rid of Mercury, they would be doing it now, instead of selling Volvo. Which I think is the dumbest idea, selling Volvo. They need their safety ratings from Volvo and their technology.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
I think there are too many speculations on the fate of Mercury. I think there are just as many speculations about poor Mercury as there are Mercury owners. I think we need to let the powers that be do what they need to do. I think if Ford wanted to get rid of Mercury, they would be doing it now, instead of selling Volvo. Which I think is the dumbest idea, selling Volvo. They need their safety ratings from Volvo and their technology.
Ford must sell Volvo. Volvo is loosing money, money that come from Ford pockets! The money must go to new Ford products development, like new family of samll cars and mini SUVs and crossovers ( Fiesta and Focus), and a new and competitive midsize family sedan ( new Fusion), and new midsize truck ( F-100).

·
Registered
137 Posts

They dont need volvo for Sh*t, volvos are a niche product that dont sell well. Mercury can take on Volvo sales any day. Volvos are known for safety not for beauty, speed etc..... honestly alot of people dont shop for safety if they did no one would by this b segmant cars

If ford by now hasnt learned what they needed to from Volvo about safey they should go Out of biz for being [email protected]$$;S.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Re: moTODDtrend.com fArticle

maybe it's cuz I changed brands of coffee
but
just now it occurs to me that perhaps Fomoco wants to make sure any brand they sell is "in a good place" before letting it go?
- seems that way with their Brits
- much more ethical than that foreign brand that raped,pillaged,&sold Chrylser into slavery
- so perhaps after a new S60..... ?

'course that has nothin to do with Merc *-: & :)
&
OOoooo, my dyslexic keyboard invented a new word ;) see post title
HOW could ^that^ have taken sooo long?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts