Ford Inside News banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I must say I like this car. While it doesn't have the same performance as the 500 HP Shelby GT Mustang, the 325 HP 4.6L V8 is plenty for a rental car. Also, I think it has nicer styling than the non-rental Shelby. However the interior's pretty plain since it borrows the GT's interior but regardless, it's still a sweet ride. I've seen a few on eBay but they're more expensive than you would think, I guess being that they're rare.

M

·
0 Posts
Went to a Wedding

Last Weekend where the Groom had rented one of these to drive his bride around in!! It was really Cool

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
The Shelby GT-H has instant collectible status and sadly will always carry a heafty premium. I rented one in L.A. back in November and even in that city the GT-H gives you the star status that only exoctic car would give you. I hope that Ford is clever in managing the Shelby name magic, is something that any other domestic manufacturer has.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Shelby GT-H has instant collectible status and sadly will always carry a heafty premium. I rented one in L.A. back in November and even in that city the GT-H gives you the star status that only exoctic car would give you. I hope that Ford is clever in managing the Shelby name magic, is something that any other domestic manufacturer has.
Ford should offer a Shelby GT package on the Mustang GT that's almost like the GT-H. I think it would be a popular option considering how nice it looks. I actually like it better than the Shelby GT500.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Ford should offer a Shelby GT package on the Mustang GT that's almost like the GT-H. I think it would be a popular option considering how nice it looks. I actually like it better than the Shelby GT500.
For 2007 Ford does offer a very similar package on the Mustang. It is called the Shelby GT and is available in white with silver stripes or back with silver stripes. It has the same power and suspension that the GH-H has and 18 inch rims (as opposed to the GT-Hs 17 inch rims). Also, what is that thing that is behind the shifter?

Here is a picture of the Shelby GT

·
Registered
764 Posts
I forgot to mention that the Shelby GT has the 5 speed manual, whereas the Shelby GT-H rental has the 5 speed auto only.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I forgot to mention that the Shelby GT has the 5 speed manual, whereas the Shelby GT-H rental has the 5 speed auto only.
I can't drive stick so it doesn't matter to me, but I'm glad Ford offers that. Don't know if it's offered in Canada :confused:

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
No too sure if it is. Does anyone know?
According to carpages.ca it is.

I have driven extensively both the GT500 and the Shelby GT (and also the GT-H but not so extensively, only for three days mainly in West Hollywood, CA)and despite the huge difference in power the SGT has nimbler feet and for my taste the SGT gives a much more fun driving experience. The Hurst shifter in the SGT is light years better than the shifter in the GT500. I really love the Shelby GT.

I don't think that it comes with an automatic transmission though.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
764 Posts
According to carpages.ca it is.

I have driven extensively both the GT500 and the Shelby GT (and also the GT-H but not so extensively, only for three days mainly in West Hollywood, CA)and despite the huge difference in power the SGT has nimbler feet and for my taste the SGT gives a much more fun driving experience. The Hurst shifter in the SGT is light years better than the shifter in the GT500. I really love the Shelby GT.

I don't think that it comes with an automatic transmission though.

I am also a fan of the Shelby GT and I love it in that white colour. But why is it that this is handles better than the GT500? Did Ford use basically the same suspension in the GT500 as in the regular GT? Jeremy Clarkson also pointed this out when he tested the GT500, only he was comparing it to the Roush Mustang. I guess the Roush handled better than the GT500 because they developed their own suspension.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts