Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm picking up 2016 Lincoln MKX order on Monday and got to take a look at it on the lot today (Sunday). Didn't have a chance to get out there last week when it showed up so it's just some exterior photos while the dealership was closed. I just wanted to make sure it was all there, and it was except for the cargo protection package or something which I thought I ordered. Ah well, NBD.

You can check them out in this gallery. https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B045n8hH4WdS8i

BTW, they have rows of 2016 MKXs now and their inventory doubled in the last week so I would say they are good to go now.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
:thumb:
&
like the shot of the seat thru the glassroof :joyous:
...I'm so curious about seeing Cappaccino in person
&
[off topic] did you try the coffee that came with your GiftSet?
...guess I'm basically 'just curious' :angel

edit/oops
forgot to ask (since I'm not that familiar with Monroneys...)
when ordering,
is having it marked SPECIAL ORDER usual??

Attachments

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:thumb:
&
like the shot of the seat thru the glassroof :joyous:
...I'm so curious about seeing Cappaccino in person
&
[off topic] did you try the coffee that came with your GiftSet?
...guess I'm basically 'just curious' :angel

edit/oops
forgot to ask (since I'm not that familiar with Monroneys...)
when ordering,
is having it marked SPECIAL ORDER usual??

I'm honestly not sure, Special Order is typically a customer order so my name is on the label for example.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Thumbs up Borg! :thumb: I congratulate you buddy and definitely appreciate your insightful decision to "Go Lincoln!" :clap:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Congrats on the new X Borg! Looks great. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Dude! That looks wonderful! Oozes class. Enjoy!

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'm excited for you! Looks great in black as well, alas I'm not disciplined enough to keep it clean. Luxe has turned out to be an excellent choice for me in that regard!

... to the club!

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
1. Nice to see the tailgate properly aligned!
2. It's your car and they won't let you inside it yet?
3. Congrats, looks great!

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1. Nice to see the tailgate properly aligned!
2. It's your car and they won't let you inside it yet?
3. Congrats, looks great!
I took a look at it on Sunday while they were closed, wasn't able to come out during business hours.

The incentives that kicked in are actually less favorable to me than the original incentives at the time of my order. The dealer is trying to work something out with Lincoln to restore the original rebate which has actually been pulled entirely in favor of a better 36 month lease rate (I want 24 month) which actually makes the 24 month considerably more expensive than originally estimated $680 (now at $720 a month). I was expecting it go go lower, not higher, so I'm a little discouraged at the moment. It's a negligible amount but I'd feel pretty rotten about taking a car that I would have paid less for last week when it came in, with the reason I waited flipping completely around on me.

So anyway, it's a bit of an unexpected hassle today, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I hate buying cars, some years it's an afternoon thing, other years it's all-consuming year-long struggle, haha.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I took a look at it on Sunday while they were closed, wasn't able to come out during business hours.

The incentives that kicked in are actually less favorable to me than the original incentives at the time of my order. The dealer is trying to work something out with Lincoln to restore the original rebate which has actually been pulled entirely in favor of a better 36 month lease rate (I want 24 month) which actually makes the 24 month considerably more expensive than originally estimated $680 (now at $720 a month). I was expecting it go go lower, not higher, so I'm a little discouraged at the moment. It's a negligible amount but I'd feel pretty rotten about taking a car that I would have paid less for last week when it came in, with the reason I waited flipping completely around on me.

So anyway, it's a bit of an unexpected hassle today, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I hate buying cars, some years it's an afternoon thing, other years it's all-consuming year-long struggle, haha.
Can't you negotiate the lease price and down payment? I always negotiate the deal.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Well?! Is she home?!

·
Registered
500 Posts

That is a bummer, and one of the reasons I've always bought off the lot, I know what I'm getting; usually incentives are added at the end of the month to make the number, getting people off the fence.

What is the 36 month lease rate, and why are you opposed to that? - Typically 36 months is the way to go.

Can't you negotiate the lease price and down payment? I always negotiate the deal.
I believe he gets A-Plan which is pretty rigid, the dealer doesn't want to puke-up any of their profit, under the circumstances, seems like they could do something.

Sometime the can play with the money factor or residual to make the numbers better, a lot of it depends on how bad the dealer wants the sale, this car has been sold for 6 months, took them 5 months and 3 weeks to make it.............

·
Registered
500 Posts
Well?! Is she home?!
Thank goodness.
Now we can all get on with our lives.

Ha!!!

I kid.
I'm a kidder.
congrats. How long was this journey anyways?
9:20 am and still no word!?

Not good............. Maybe he went back to the Jeep Dealer!? :facepalm:

:toetap:

1 - 20 of 84 Posts