Ford Inside News banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was logging into SyncMy Ride for my new 2016 MKX and see it has an update already. Ford just pushed out v 3.8 which includes Siri Eyes-Free. I wasn't expecting that for MFT/MLT cars which is kinda cool. Sync 3 has it right now with the promise that Android Auto and CarPlay will be added at some point although I doubt we'll see that anytime soon.

Anyway, the update is supported on everything. Not thrilled about flashing my car already, haha...but I'll get right on it tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Installed, took a little more than 30 minutes, and it works great. Just long hold the voice button on the wheel and Siri comes over the speaker instead of Sync. You don't get any visual feedback on the display but plenty of voice feedback. It does work wirelessly over Bluetooth and is a great way of reading and responding to text messages. So one less reason to miss Sync 3...for now...haha. I also prefer to use Siri for Navigation just because inputing destinations on Sync can be very frustrating and dangerously distracting (even while using voice).

·
Registered
500 Posts
I was logging into SyncMy Ride for my new 2016 MKX and see it has an update already. Ford just pushed out v 3.8 which includes Siri Eyes-Free. I wasn't expecting that for MFT/MLT cars which is kinda cool. Sync 3 has it right now with the promise that Android Auto and CarPlay will be added at some point although I doubt we'll see that anytime soon.

Anyway, the update is supported on everything. Not thrilled about flashing my car already, haha...but I'll get right on it tomorrow.
Thanks for the heads-up, looks like I have the update for my F-150 and MKX; Fusion too, but that is gone.......

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Does it have pandora support yet? /broken record

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Drove around today playing with it. I was able to tell it to play songs and podcasts which automatically kicks into BT Audio. With BT Audio I can skip tracks, scrub, etc. and see the track info on the nav screen. I can also tell it to read back my text messages and reply to them. This is without a doubt the most important update to MLT for me since the system launched, adds a killer new feature that solves a million shortcomings of the onboard system.

MLT is also running a bit quicker, although that is probably just the side effects of a fresh instal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts