Ford Inside News banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once again we get a quality article full of real perspective rather than follow the leader, bash something because the cool kids are doing it garbage.

But here’s the interesting part: no one bitches about Tesla’s screen. Actually, it’s even worse than that. Our friends at Consumer Reports, who somehow found the time to stop rolling over the Isuzu Trooper to test MyFord Touch, derided the system as being “too much like a computer,” noting that “it works OK statically, but when you’re driving it diverts too much attention away from the road.” They later went on to say “we wouldn’t recommend dealing with the frustrations of MyFord Touch on a daily basis even to an adversary.”

This is all well and good, and it reeks highly of the sort of folks who pay their bills by mail, so I’m in support. But less than six months later, the very same people called the Tesla Model S – home of the screen that was deemed too large to serve as the jumbotron at American Airlines Arena – the “best car ever.” They gave it a 99 out of 100, noting that its only flaw – a one-pointer – was the center-mounted touchscreen. The center-mounted touchscreen that’s half the size of the one they wouldn’t wish on their adversary when it’s mounted in a Ford.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2013/06/myford-touch-doesnt-need-buttons/
More at the link.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
If you are incompetent to use a computer , dont buy a car with a computer in the dash. So, dont buy a Ford with My Ford Touch system. And, you deserve to live in the 20 century, not in the actual age.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you are incompetent to use a computer , dont buy a car with a computer in the dash. So, dont buy a Ford with My Ford Touch system. And, you deserve to live in the 20 century, not in the actual age.
The point being the media, and Consumer Reports specifically, have bashed MyFordTouch unmercifully, yet they have all slobbered over the Tesla Model S in which ALL functions are run through a touch screen. The Model S received a 99, 1 point short of perfect from Consumer Reports, yet Ford/Lincolns are suggested to be un-buyable simply for having a touch screen. Its just another example of how our media doesn't really report news anymore, they simply report their own personal beliefs and prejudices and call it news. Is the Model S touch screen easy to use without taking your attention away from the road ahead? No. But it is the first truly all electric car with decent range and that tickles the fancy of those on the left everywhere, they'll overlook such issues in order to help further a cause they believe in.

I'm all for the continuing advancement of electric vehicles. However, I am now and always will be against hypocrisy.

·
Registered
919 Posts
The only gripe I have about MFT is when u are at the main screen and you want to get to navigation or climate, and you have to hit the edge and not the center, makes me want to punch the screen.

The screen is nice and the options are good. U can customize it pretty well too.

In my C-Max Energi the infotainment system is very manageable and the two screens on the side is very nice.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts