Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted on Carscoops, a reader snapped an unscene swoopy sedan testing in AU....isnt the next Taurus going there? Has some lines similar to the Fusion but the rear door is longer and the details are different....

"Saw this partially covered up prototype in Melbourne, Australia this morning, with the sticker 'left hand drive evaluation vehicle'. The front grille looks like a Ford. Perhaps a new Taurus?"

http://www.carscoops.com/2014/05/reader-spies-swoopy-roof-sedan-in.html

·
Super Moderator
7,893 Posts
It seems to be more of the New MKS.

But to really notice, you must use Lincoln's latest design evolution on the MKX Concept.

- Notice the signature deep creases at the front and rear of the sedan body that are similar to the MKX Concept.

- Also notice the detail inside the rear white light and the shape of the red part of the light that matches the MKX Concept.

- Also looking closely at the sedan close up shot, there is an outline of the sloping front grille under the black tarp matching the grille on the MKX Concept.

- Then notice the deep crease at the lower portion of the doors that they are trying to hide/distort with padding with other creases not on the car, that match the MKX Concept.

- There is even a signature chrome bar at the lower portion of the car similar to the MKX Concept.

Yeah....it's the New MKS.

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
It seems to be more of the New MKS.

But to really notice, you must use Lincoln's latest design evolution on the MKX Concept.

- Notice the signature deep creases at the front and rear of the sedan body that are similar to the MKX Concept.

- Also notice the detail inside the rear white light and the shape of the red part of the light that matches the MKX Concept.

- Also looking closely at the sedan close up shot, there is an outline of the sloping front grille under the black tarp matching the grille on the MKX Concept.

- Then notice the deep crease at the lower portion of the doors that they are trying to hide/distort with padding with other creases not on the car, that match the MKX Concept.

- There is even a signature chrome bar at the lower portion of the car similar to the MKX Concept.

Yeah....it's the New MKS.
I Hope you are wrong Bloggin, this cant be the next S,.it.is too boring, lincoln doesnt need this. I dont see the reason of testing the S or the taurus in Australia

·
Super Moderator
7,893 Posts
I Hope you are wrong Bloggin, this cant be the next S,.it.is too boring, lincoln doesnt need this. I dont see the reason of testing the S or the taurus in Australia
It's only boring looking because we can't see most of the car and it's painted in a flat black to match the tarp trying to hide it's lines. Just imagine a MKX Concept Sedan. The new Global MKS is going to look better than the Audi A7.

It seems Cadillac is learning the hard way with the CTS that $50k+ large car luxury consumers are not looking for 'bling', but moving toward understated, elegant luxury. Which will sell very well in the Chinese market.

And Australia is one of Ford's global design centers. Testing there also does a better job of keeping it away from prying eyes. If they tried to test in the US, it would not make it past the gates before ever inch would be caught. From the looks of it, it's nearly done. It looks like they are at the road testing phase now.

·
FIN Moderator
2,106 Posts
Isn't it too early to be seeing final MKS/Taurus prototypes with little to no camo? The Edge and the MKX production vehicles haven't even been revealed yet. Not to mention we haven't seen any MKX prototypes running around.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I wouldnt say that, if in fact this is the mks (or what ever they name it) thats going to look better than the A7, and if it does then thats nothing to be too happy about because the a7 has been on the market for almost 5 years in some regions, so it wont mean that much, jus like with the mkc which most people love to say looks better than the Q5 but never how long its been on market. Also if it is the mks, then its a major let down. Yes it has cladding on, but there are several things you can see. The fwd dash to axle ratio is glarinly noticable and identical to econoboxes, which is very interesting when you consider the fact hat SUPPOSEDLY the mks and taurus would feature great differentiation, but really it appears to be mkc level of differentiation, which in fact is merely tophat differences....again this may be pre mature but not looking too good for the LINCOLN motor COMPANY, a supposed lux brand....

·
Super Moderator
7,893 Posts
Isn't it too early to be seeing final MKS/Taurus prototypes with little to no camo? The Edge and the MKX production vehicles haven't even been revealed yet. Not to mention we haven't seen any MKX prototypes running around.
We have seen the Edge road testing back in Oct of 2013.

And the exterior only MKX Concept implies that the production version of the MKX is ramping up quickly and Lincoln did not want to waste designer time on a concept interior. Which makes sense, and I would rather designers work on the next models.

I expected to see production versions of both the Edge and MKX later this year. The Lincoln launch with just 2 vehicles(MKC/MKZ) in China later this year could also be what's pushing the MKS forward. A luxury automaker needs an executive car in China.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
And based on proportions, it looks like the global target is the Audi A7

Lines IMO look similar to the latest Peugeot 308
View attachment 7994

The French automaker’s new CEO, Carlos Tavares, wants to transform Peugeot from a general mass-market brand into a more upscale volume automaker.

Ihe mule images rear tail lamp styling looks similar to the new 308's tail lamps, plus the sharp shoulder lines are similar.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I'm not convinced it's the MKS or anything from Ford, none of the pictures give any definitive details to say it's from either. This could be from any mfg in Australia.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
^ I dunno, iculookn
a lot of it looks FordISH - tho soooo many mfgs have been copying Ford for sooooooooo long
otoh
something about the HLs says Falcon to me (tho no doubt it's Fwd)

think I like the idea that it's a China model/version best...
...expect F-Au to be intimately involved in development for that mega-market

Oh! and
at first I was quite pleased with the C-pillar/reardoor edge design
*BUT*
after looking at it lightened & enlarged, think that's actually extremely cumbersome :facepalm:
ps
don't believe this car is as fastback as it seems at first = camo-padding

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
I'm not convinced it's the MKS or anything from Ford, none of the pictures give any definitive details to say it's from either. This could be from any mfg in Australia.
neither do I, from what I can see the grille is not the split wing grille, the side of the mule is not the same as the MKX concept, lincoln models have a line that cross the body starting at the headlights and this doesn´t have it. The taillights doens´t look like the X concept. Also the headlights doesn´t look like the latest Lincoln designs.

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
We have seen the Edge road testing back in Oct of 2013.

And the exterior only MKX Concept implies that the production version of the MKX is ramping up quickly and Lincoln did not want to waste designer time on a concept interior. Which makes sense, and I would rather designers work on the next models.

I expected to see production versions of both the Edge and MKX later this year. The Lincoln launch with just 2 vehicles(MKC/MKZ) in China later this year could also be what's pushing the MKS forward. A luxury automaker needs an executive car in China.
we have seen Edge spy photos but not any MKX spy photos yet, so not sure if it the S.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
We've seen the MKS mule running around, but I don't think they would be evaluating or engineering the MKS in Australia at all, doesn't make much sense. The only thing that ties this to Ford for me are those wheels, the rest of it is doesn't quite look like Ford to me, it's pretty generic stuff (although that's true of most car design now). It's possible Australia is mishandling its prototype Ford Taurus and left it all hanging out there.

We haven't seen an MKX prototype likely because it's a good year away from the Edge debut, we should start seeing them soon hopefully. The Edge production start date isn't known is it? I'm assuming August. So a debut will have to happen pretty soon.

Taurus and MKS are due for some prototype sightings actually.

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
We've seen the MKS mule running around, but I don't think they would be evaluating or engineering the MKS in Australia at all, doesn't make much sense. The only thing that ties this to Ford for me are those wheels, the rest of it is doesn't quite look like Ford to me, it's pretty generic stuff (although that's true of most car design now). It's possible Australia is mishandling its prototype Ford Taurus and left it all hanging out there.

We haven't seen an MKX prototype likely because it's a good year away from the Edge debut, we should start seeing them soon hopefully. The Edge production start date isn't known is it? I'm assuming August. So a debut will have to happen pretty soon.

Taurus and MKS are due for some prototype sightings actually.
agree DetroitBorg, I think if it is a Ford it is the taurus (maybe the will sale the taurus there instead of the falcon?) because there is not reason at all to test the S in Australia

1 - 20 of 37 Posts