Ford Inside News banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 Dodge Dart Leaked Ahead Of Official Debut: Detroit Auto Show Preview [Video]
By: Jason Siu
07/01/2012
AutoGuide

One of the debuts everyone has been anxiously awaiting for has been leaked, with the all-new 2013 Dodge Dart hitting the interwebs ahead of its official 2012 Detroit Auto Show debut.

The first Chrysler product to be based on a Fiat architecture, the 2013 Dodge Dart looks sporty, contemporary and honestly, very refreshing to see. Essentially a replacement from the now defunct Caliber, the Dart looks to be in an entirely different league than what it’s replacing. The vehicle itself is based on the Alfa Romeo’s Giulietta platform and once it hits American soil it’ll be available with three different four-cylinder engines.

A 2.0L packs 160-hp while a 2.4L will have 184-hp. A 1.4L turbocharged powerplant that is also seen in the Abarth 500 will feature 160-hp. The front-wheel-drive compact will feature Fiat Group’s six-speed, dual-clutch transmission with a six-speed manual option but ultimately will get an all-new nine-speed transmission that is currently being developed by the ZF Group.

Full text at link

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
I actually really like the look of it. My only gripe is the name. It seems the Neon name would fit better for it

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
I don't know what to think about the Dart...yet.
which might be due to not being aware of much hype about it - has it been low or am I just too concerned with the Z & Fusion & ATS? Actually the Dart is much closer to something I could see myself considering ...if it's not too big (read it was a bit larger than the Cruze)

I like the sound of "Dodge Dart" but think if they make a hybrid, it'd be cool to do a slight style-shift like the Sonata(?) and call it Neon - or Argon or Xenon or Krypton ;)

Think a lot of my liking will be based on its drivetrains & pkgs;
*like* tech in engines/trannies/suspensions, kinda drawing-back from infotainment-tech so may prefer a pretty plain base model on that score.

OH! & not sure I think the front looks 'finished' with the (nice) grille sitting above a gaping/Audi 'hole'

·
Registered
161 Posts
I like the new Dodge Dart..

Not as much as I thought i would from earlier photos but it is a contender in the small car segment.

Can't wait to see the SRT/4 version of this italian american hottie.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Think a lot of my liking will be based on its drivetrains & pkgs;
*like* tech in engines/trannies/suspensions, kinda drawing-back from infotainment-tech so may prefer a pretty plain base model on that score.
From what I read, it will have 3 engine options: a 2.0-liter 16-valve four, a 1.4-liter MultiAir turbo & a 2.4-liter MultiAir. It will be offered with 3 transmission options including a 9-speed auto.

OH! & not sure I think the front looks 'finished' with the (nice) grille sitting above a gaping/Audi 'hole'
Not all models get that blacked-out section on the front bumper.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Sharp! It appears as though Dodge will finally have a competent competitor in this segment.

I wasn't initially into the "Dart" name, but it's starting to grow on me.

It's great to see that Dodge may be abandoning its blunt, truck inspired styling for a sleeker, swoopier design language that truly reinforces the sportier image of the brand. I hope the next gen Charger follows suit.

·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From what I read, it will have 3 engine options: a 2.0-liter 16-valve four, a 1.4-liter MultiAir turbo & a 2.4-liter MultiAir. It will be offered with 3 transmission options including a 9-speed auto.

Not all models get that blacked-out section on the front bumper.
Looks like they should for it looks a lot better with the black out section in than out.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I like what I see, and the powertrain options look attractive as well. I think this car will appeal to the younger crowd, but nothing wrong with that.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I would love to see a white R/T trim level Dart. I think this is a sweet little car for Dodge.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts