Ford Inside News banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
I have to admit, aside from the overdone (as usual) grille, and the odd looking gray-plastic-splattered-everywhere taillights (that's the official name for them), I actually like that LC coupe a fair amount.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I wonder if Lexus has to pay Nike to use their swoosh mark?
Just where exactly will the front license plate be mounted on this anyway?

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
I saw the Acura getting positive comments but I guess I am in a different boat. I think it's ugly. :(

Reactions: 2b2

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I guess we know what Acura's new face looks like, but it's ugly. I actually really like the Lexus look now, especially on the road and in-person. I'm somewhat thankfully that Lincoln is more restrained, although they still lack the excitement you get with Audi or Jaguar with similar design ideas.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't checked for pix like at NetCarShow/etc, but don't immediately hate the Acura

the Lexoid, I sorta liked the concept, enough to use it in a chop, but
VERY quickly came to HATE the production...
...still looks good at first glance & at a distance (ignoring the horrendous predator face
but
the more I looked, & at bigger pix = there is soooo much psychotically WRONG with EVERY detail/graphic

imho

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Yeah, I'm not too impressed with the Acura. That front end is terrible. Overall, anything they do end up making won't look anything like that.

·
Sponsored Editorial Content
509 Posts
Top 5 Most Significant Detroit Auto Show Reveals

COBO Center in downtown Detroit has been our playground of sorts as we covered the latest news from the North American International Auto Show.

More than 50 vehicle introductions were made at the event and out of all these, we narrowed it down to the five most significant debuts. Don’t miss our video at the end of this post!

2017 Infiniti Q60

Starting things off is the gorgeous new Infiniti Q60. This lovely looking coupe features a wide range of turbocharged engines. The base unit is a 2.0-liter four-banger with 208 horses, but the most muscular powertrain option is a 3.0-liter V6 that belts out 400 ponies and 350 lb-ft of torque. Rear- and all-wheel drive are available, but just one transmission is on the menu: a seven-speed automatic.

2017 Honda Ridgeline

But let’s be honest, coupes aren’t that all that practical. If you want a vehicle that can haul more junk than a shoebox worth of trinkets, the new Honda Ridgeline could be for you. Like its predecessor, the all-new 2017 model rides atop a car-based architecture, features an innovative dual-hinged tailgate and once again has a hidden trunk in the bed. A 3.5-liter V6 will provide the motivation and is matched to a six-speed automatic transmission.

Acura Precision Concept

Next up, looking at Acura’s Precision Concept is like gazing into a crystal ball, quite literally! This shimmering red design study shows us what future Acura vehicles could look like, with a long dash-to-axle ratio, aggressively sculpted fenders and new Diamond Pentagon grille, which is a new styling signature for the brand. Overall, we love what we see with this car.

2018 Lexus LC 500

Another crimson beauty that made its global debut in Motown this week is the Lexus LC 500, a production version of the brand’s bodacious LF-LC concept that was unveiled back in 2012. Built atop an all-new rear-wheel-drive architecture that incorporates carbon fiber, aluminum and high-strength steel, it has the stiffest structure Lexus has ever built, more so than the LFA supercar! A familiar 5.0-liter V8 delivers 467 horses, and fully loaded LC 500 should cost less than $100,000.

Buick Avista Concept

But the biggest news of the show, the one car that surprised us more than any other is the Buick Avista concept, a rear-wheel-drive coupe, and a dark-blue stunner that took our collective breath away. Paying homage to the glorious Grand Nationals of yore, it features a 3.0-liter twin-turbo V6 that delivers 400 horses. Twenty one-inch wheels complete the look.

You know, the tri-shield brand has been running commercials recently where incredulous drivers declare “That’s not a Buick!” And with the Avista, they’re right. It’s basically a Chevy Camaro with swoopy bodywork and we LOVE IT!
For more stories like this one, Top 5 Most Significant Detroit Auto Show Reveals please visit AutoGuide.com.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Re: Top 5 Most Significant Detroit Auto Show Reveals

Ummmmmmm....

The Buick: a Camaro clone that Buick never will build

The Acura: A Lexus clone...

The Lexus: a "predator" horripilant thing that will cost "less than 100000 $"...

The Honda: the ugliest and cheap looking of the new medium size trucks...

The Infiniti: the less ugly of this asian buffet, but still unelegant and weir car...

I cant agree with you, Autoblog`s guys.

My list:

Mercedes-Benz E-Class
Volvo S90
Genesis G90
Lincoln Continental
Ford F-150 Raptor

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
since I'm basically willing to quote Anything/body (except Jollypop)
& just found a "run-down" FAR better than most :thumb: easily worth posting the relevant parts separately in dedicated threads
tho I'm too lazy for That...

Ramblings of a Dazed Photographer: 2016 Detroit Auto Show
Cheers&gears forum

Started by blackviper8891, Yesterday

...Readers beware: I suspect I may ruffle a few feathers with some of the following comments.

• Lincoln Continental: This car surprised me. I saw the spy photos, the press shots, etc. and I expected it to be a disappointment. In person, it has a certain presence, an air of prestige in which Lincoln has been lacking in recent years. This continues insides where it truly exudes luxury. They really nailed the look and feel of the materials, at least in the pre-production cars on display.

• Ford Fusion: As a vehicle that was already in my personal top 3 of its respective segment, I wasn't expecting anything crazy. In fact, I wasn't sure how I felt about the refresh at first. I don't know what I was worried about. The updates look good, but that's not the story here. Neither is the addition the delicious Sport model. I sat in the the new Premium trim and was blown away by how good it is.

• Chevrolet Malibu: Here is where I should say about how much of an improvement this model is over its predecessor. I'm not. Don't get me wrong, it's better, but its entirely incremental. The biggest departure is its looks and it does, in fact, look fine; it's certainly not offensive at all to my eyes. My gripe lies with the interior and what looks and feels like a downgrade in materials. Maybe I shouldn't have sat in the Fusion first, as that car makes this one feel positively cheap.

• Volkswagen Golf R: "Ah ha," you're probably thinking, "Here comes that bias!" Unfortunately for you, you will see no such thing. While I have briefly sat in a MK7 GTI before, it was at another auto show and I really didn't have much time with it; I didn't this time either. I did, however, have enough time to come away rather disappointed. As a current MK6 GTI owner, I really noticed a difference in quality between the two. It's enough of a downgrade to question whether I'd really want to every upgrade.

• Mazda MX-5 Miata: Oh sweet Jesus, if there is one car I would have liked to bring home with me, its this one. Such a gorgeous little car. It's as close to a perfect package as you can get and it fits me like a glove. Great touch points, slick shifter, comfortable seats, and practical enough considering its a roadster. If I had to nitpick, it would be over the rather useless cup holders and their nearly impossible to comfortably use position.

• Chevrolet Bolt: Strangely enough, I really like this little electric car. It's the first one of its kind that could actually be used as your only vehicle without having to shell out an arm, leg, and perhaps a testicle or two. The expected performance is even appealing and perfectly acceptable for its price. I could see myself owning a Bolt in the not too distant future. Am I crazy? I hope not.

• Genesis G90: This car gave me an experience opposite to that of the Continental; I expected it to be legitimately surprising. In all honesty, it wasn't. Inside and out, this car failed to feel special. It has the content and everything falls in line within the segment, but it's value price betrays it. It looks and feels a step below its competitors, even if its just slightly so. Perhaps that's something to be proud of. Personally, I'd hand over the extra cash for the real thing, one with a soul...

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Detroit News readers name Continental Best of Show
The Detroit News

Michael Martinez, January 19, 2016

The Lincoln Continental earned top honors as Ford Motor Co. picked up three awards for its new cars and trucks in The Detroit News annual Readers’ Choice Awards.

Roughly 100 judges voted Lincoln’s new flagship sedan as Best of Show amongst all the reveals at the 2016 North American International Auto show...

...As he presented the various honors on Tuesday, Detroit News Editor and Publisher Jonathan Wolman noted that the Readers’ Choice Awards are “the only honors bestowed by the people actually buying and driving the vehicles on display here.”...

...Ford also took Next Up in my Garage honors for its refreshed Ford Fusion and Baddest Off-Road Vehicle for its Raptor performance pickup. Both vehicles will be available later this year...

...General Motors Co. won three awards: Best Road-Trip Ride for its Cadillac Escalade, Best Future Concept for its Buick Avista and Most Eco-Friendly for its Chevy Volt.

Fiat Chrysler Automobile NV’s Chrysler brand won two awards: Best Family Fun Finder for its new Pacifica minivan and The Most for your Money for its 200 sedan.

Foreign automakers took home a pair of awards. The Lexus LC 500 took home Sleekest City Ride honors and the BMW I8 won for Coolest Technology.

- - - - - - -

1 - 12 of 12 Posts