Ford Inside News banner

Need help for tonneau cover

5K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Bjorg 
#1 ·
I recently bought a Ford F 150 2019. There is no cover at the back, so I'm planning to get a tri fold tonneau cover for my truck. Has anyone used this kind of cover for their vehicles? What are the pros and cons fo using a tri fold tonneau cover between the regular ones?

#3 ·
Are you considering a hard trifold or a soft-trifold? As they each offer pluses and minuses. My Access hard tonneau is aesthetically appealing and offers enhanced security and while being structurally sound it is rather susceptible to dings of which I’ve accrued several of and I couldn’t tell you exactly how they occurred (I assume road debris/stones). They are not water tight (both hard and soft) and under heavy rains water will get in so you have to plan accordingly. If you plan on needing full use of the bed for items taller than the bed rail you may want to consider a soft roll-up as the three panel hard impedes the last third of the bed above the rail. Some soft folds will fold upright against the rear cab window...which may or may not bother you. I’ve had both soft trifold 1st and now hard top And on balance I like the hard surface better but it’s close to 3x the price $375 vs $1100 . Hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.