Ford Inside News banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Dad is an avid Ford freak and is looking at purchasing a new Fusion. Yesterday he informed me that he is now looking at the Focus instead. I know the only true reason for this is the price. He wants tan leather and Bourdeax red exterior. Those are really his only 2 requests. Is there a way to show him that the Fusion is a better deal vs. a Focus? Please let me know what I can tell him to sway him from the Focus! Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, but I really need to show him numbers. Is there a way to get the leather in a Fusion for similar pricing as the Focus? Right now the Fusion has 0% for 60, $500 off and no payments for 90 days. The Focus only has 1.9 for 60 or $2k off.

·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
Thanks, but I really need to show him numbers. Is there a way to get the leather in a Fusion for similar pricing as the Focus? Right now the Fusion has 0% for 60, $500 off and no payments for 90 days. The Focus only has 1.9 for 60 or $2k off.
Im sure there is a way to get them around the same price. Though you will sacrifice options on the Fusion/add options on the Focu to do that.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Congrats on your first posts here, likearock00! :)
bottom line:
there really shouldn't be hardly any price difference between new Focus & current Fusion
imho
original long-winded reply said:
unfortunately I could only mostly give reasons to get the Focus instead ...like
- the Focus is the most important car of the century
- has tons of features not available on the Fusion ...yet:
- there's an all new Fusion coming out at most 12 months from now
otoh
on the subjective side
- if he prefers one size over the other (in & out)
- if he prefers the older American style over the newer Kinetic2 (again in & out)
- if he prefers a v6, the Focus & nextgen Fusion will probably never offer one
all-in-all
there's probably Fusions available with enough discounts to make similarly optioned Focuseses & Fusions about the same price (seriously, if the dealer can't do this, shop elsewhere!!)
of course more important (imho) than which Ford he chooses is
of whichever he gets ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts