Ford Inside News banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New 2016 Chevy Camaro Shows its True Body in Latest Scoop

GM surprised us today at the Nürburgring where it brought along a 2016 Chevrolet Camaro prototype without the heavy camouflage of the previous testers.

With all those black plastic bags gone, we get a much better view of what the sixth generation Camaro's sheetmetal will look like when it debuts sometime next year as a 2016MY.

What we see is a much pointer and lower fascia, not unlike the Transformers 4's Camaro Bumblebee Concept, edgier surfaces on the body, an even lower roof and profile window line, and a rear end that flows into the body.

http://www.carscoops.com/2014/09/new-2016-chevy-camaro-shows-its-true.html

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Certainly more modern and aggressive looking than the more retro Mustang (especially up front), but that was true of the Camaro before as well.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
As I had been expecting it is visually an evolution of the current Camaro. I don't like the current car nor do I expect to like this new one. One thing stands out though, the very fastback style roofline!

·
Registered
10,964 Posts
Mustang was able to pull of a very modern, stylish and muscular look with a slight nod to it's past.
Camaro manages nothing close to that, with nothing more than a pseudo-sporty look about it, completely ignoring it's heritage.

Ford chose wisely.
The Mustang looks so much better, sleeker and more interesting visually.
And WOW......did they every uglify the front of that chebby

·
Registered
607 Posts
First impression: heavy and bulbous looking, like the current one. I was hoping for something that looked sporty, svelt, and light on its feet. Disappointed.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
The Camaro looks more like an intimidating sports car, the Mustang looks considerably more approachable. I still can't get over the snout on the Mustang, never looks right.

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the Mustang gets a revolutionary design and the camaro just an evolution...they are not trying to compete

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
So Bumblebee in the 4th Transformers movie did sort off preview the front end of the all-new 2016 Camaro (at least the upper half of the front end since the lower half has a much wider lower grill/airdam).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts