Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
THANKS, Jose!! :thumb:s

:thumb:
I really like this ^ one
wonder what it'll be like cutdown to 30/60 seconds?

&
tried leaving a msg on Lincoln's facebook about:
(tho not sure it worked - can't refind it - did Lincoln start requiring posts get approved first??)
would really like to take a transcript to my French class

ps: anyone know who this guy is? if he's a real snowboarder?
my googling is getting nowhere :(

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
On the bright side not a single booger was rolled.

Honestly though, I just don't get commercials for a great looking new CU that hardly ever shows the car. It didn't work particularly well for Infiniti, hopefully it works better for Lincoln.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
These Lincoln customers have far more style than I have, haha.
Those types of people aren't going to be buying Lincolns so I guess the idea here is to make those who will believe they're classier than they really are if they buy a Lincoln.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Those types of people aren't going to be buying Lincolns so I guess the idea here is to make those who will believe they're classier than they really are if they buy a Lincoln.
I know, selling the idea. Lincoln is trying hard, buy nobody is really watching to be influenced by this sort of lifestyle marketing.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
BORG said:
These Lincoln customers have far more style than I have, haha.
that^s true

WE'd buy Mercurys ... if we could afford them :angel

I like what he's parking between:

Attachments

·
Registered
528 Posts
Ok ... I have a gender equality rant ...

One guy is a collector and protects his possessions. Another is an athelte who has beat up his body and wants comfort, but the best we can do for the chick is for her to go see HIS performance and be swept off her feet by it? Why is she not a musician, composer, dancer? It's just glaring to me; tho Lincoln should be commented for picking interesting personas for this campaign.

/ rant

The subtle smile given by Matthew -- priceless. I am happy he's not speaking. They got the attention with the flat circle booger roll, now they can be normal -- people will keep watching waiting to see what'll come next.

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
On the bright side not a single booger was rolled.

Honestly though, I just don't get commercials for a great looking new CU that hardly ever shows the car. It didn't work particularly well for Infiniti, hopefully it works better for Lincoln.
I think these internet ads are focused more on image. Continuing to build an image of the Lincoln owner that is younger, more sophisticated, affluent, hip, and laid back. Laying the groundwork before the introduction of the flagship Continental and New Navigator. But I am sure more vehicle content based ads will be in the mix for the MKX.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Ok ... I have a gender equality rant ...

One guy is a collector and protects his possessions. Another is an athelte who has beat up his body and wants comfort, but the best we can do for the chick is for her to go see HIS performance and be swept off her feet by it? Why is she not a musician, composer, dancer? It's just glaring to me; tho Lincoln should be commented for picking interesting personas for this campaign.

/ rant

The subtle smile given by Matthew -- priceless. I am happy he's not speaking. They got the attention with the flat circle booger roll, now they can be normal -- people will keep watching waiting to see what'll come next.
Gee, where is the Asian? Hispanic? LGBT? I'm so f'n bored with everybody's poor feelings being hurt over the most asinine BS.

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
Aim Higher.

Too high perhaps? I don't know. Too high brow perhaps, but then again, I prefer hot wings, beer and UFC fights to any of that...lol.

Once the performance brand kicks in, I bet I will enjoy any of those commercials more.
I guess then, that it makes little sense to start there, even if they could.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
To be honest, the ads are just a little boring, both in terms of style and narrative. I do miss the more Zen-like beauty of the existentialism ads which were honestly quite visionary. In this case, we barely see the MKX and I badly wanted to see more. I don't really mind this style but I want to see a more condensed version. In the end, they have created a unique vision for the MKX, clearly moving this car up a notch in the luxury spectrum which it should considering it's currently the most expensive Lincoln minus the Navigator.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
^ well... :angel

unlike MINORities, women are at-least/about HALF of the population
&
(from what I've read and experienced) upto/around 90% of those who CONTROL what gets purchased

and once again,
SP, could you put your wife on for minute??
I have no issues with women or minorities, or women minorities. I've just had enough of this current trend of measuring everything to see who has been left out or got short changed. It is virtually impossible to do anything public anymore without somebody claiming to have been offended. This country is becoming a joke, and not the haha funny kind.

Regarding my wife, I can assure you she thinks the cry wolf victim status seekers are as ridiculous as I do. Of all the things to get upset about some choose a fictional woman in an ad. Good grief.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts