Ford Inside News banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BMW just launched a new X6, a luxury crossover coupe. This kind of vehicle, with less funcionality than an equivalent crossover with formal roof (in this case the BMW X5) is gaining customers that looks for exlusivity . The new crossover coupe segment is the equivalent of the "personal luxury coupe" from the 60s-70s-80s. Lincoln must enter this segment with a vehicle that recaptures the legacy of the luxury personal coupe of the Mark series.

In a world without cars, a coupe crossover is the flagship for a luxury brand.

Here the new Bimmer....

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
I really hate these raised up hatch back things

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
That rear end is horrible.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
It's too squared up and linear for my liking. Doesn't match the sleek profile, IMO.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Here the "personal luxury coupe" from Audi, the Q8 in its sportiest version, the SQ8. Definitely , the german designers lost the way of good taste. This vehicle, with that big, ordinary and ugly grille transmit anything except "luxury". Imagine Lincoln do it the rigth way, in the form of an Aviator coupe.... could be a great car and a great success.

The pics of the Audi...

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sad when the Cayenne Coupe actually looks svelte next to this thing.

The Cayenne coupe is a beautiful vehicle, compared with the Audi and BMW counterparts.

But, my favorite personal luxury coupe from Germany is the Mercedes-Benz GLE Coupe. Simple and elegant:

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I would have prefered something closer to a larger X2.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Whilst corporate signatures is important I, for a long time, have thought that BMW are stuck with restrictive elements that are required for their cars’ identities, such as the kidney grille and certain character lines throughout that they stubbornly hold on to.

For a while the design of some of their SUVs looked similar to the early efforts of the Korean manufacturers, to put it nicely.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts