Ford Inside News banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Re: "New Century Craftsmanship" Video with Lincoln's Head Designer, Max Wolff

^ screen captures - please - somebody?

the LincolnCraftsmanship site does nothing for me ... literally. guess I'll hafta wait for the youtube version to be able to see it ... 'course the only one that interests me is the Max Wollf video(s)
the rest are something I can't imagine caring about

also, as I told Lincoln on their facebook site today, the new commercials don't do anything for me either
bring back the StarShips

·
Registered
306 Posts

Lincoln's problems can't be solved with reinventing the message. A consistent design philosophy that looks like people who can see deployed it is the first step. Then there has to be a commitment to making the vehicles luxurious and class best in performance. While I loved my Town Car, the overall build quality ranged from garage sale to almost good enough to be at Walmart.

·
Registered
997 Posts

The current ads are IMHO too dead feeling and the sales number show it. There's no action or excitement. Nothing to keep you motivated. The music puts me to sleep. Let's change the ad formula and go over the top and wake up the dead. Lincoln has been asleep for too long now. I'm sure there's some Heavy Metal or similar music to get people's attention. Remember the original CTS commercials? That worked so why not apply to Lincoln in a more sophisticated way.

·
Registered
171 Posts

I arrive at the 'site' and I am asked to fill out a survey.
Let's see what I should be commenting about first...
I want to see the FINISHED PRODUCT before requested to support the 'Author'.
It's time to show me the money!

·
Registered
5,028 Posts

The current ads are IMHO too dead feeling and the sales number show it. There's no action or excitement. Nothing to keep you motivated. The music puts me to sleep. Let's change the ad formula and go over the top and wake up the dead. Lincoln has been asleep for too long now. I'm sure there's some Heavy Metal or similar music to get people's attention. Remember the original CTS commercials? That worked so why not apply to Lincoln in a more sophisticated way.
Everything is wrong about Lincoln today: bad style design ( or at least, not enough good and distintive), bad advertising, bad dealers, not enough diferentiation fom Ford siblings... Ford management have a hard work to do.

·
FIN Moderator
2,106 Posts

Everything is wrong about Lincoln today: bad style design ( or at least, not enough good and distintive), bad advertising, bad dealers, not enough diferentiation fom Ford siblings... Ford management have a hard work to do.
Same here. I think some of the management needs cleaning out. Some people in charge have no business being in charge. The 60's were the last of the best Fords, Lincolns and Mercuries. Killing Mercury wasn't the answer to revive Lincoln. The foreign brands that Ford owned were though.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts

as I've said many times before (tho not lately)
Perhaps reviving Lincoln is Plan B
& killing it is their first choice??

tho actually I've recently started thinking that maybe Fomoco just isn't capable of generating a Vision 'grand' enough for Lincoln?
everything I've read-betwn-the-lines lately wouldn't have even been a stretch for MERCURY

really Really REALLY hope some exceptional news surfaces this week!!!

edit
before anyone gets upset with this nothing-right talk
maybe we could say "nothing fantastic" instead?
which IS what's desperately needed (imho)

·
Registered
74 Posts

I have a comment about Lincoln advertising. When Lincoln sponsors a television program they show the same ad at every commerical break. By the second ad this gets annoying. This is a great way to turn off the viewing public and is a poor reflection on the brand. Also the ads are either for the MKX or the MKZ. Why no ads for the MKS, MKT, or even Navigator? Show the entire line it may help brand and model recognition. I fully support restoring the Lincoln brand to greatness but this is a poor way to start.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts

I have a comment about Lincoln advertising. When Lincoln sponsors a television program they show the same ad at every commerical break. By the second ad this gets annoying. This is a great way to turn off the viewing public and is a poor reflection on the brand. Also the ads are either for the MKX or the MKZ. Why no ads for the MKS, MKT, or even Navigator? Show the entire line it may help brand and model recognition. I fully support restoring the Lincoln brand to greatness but this is a poor way to start.
I agree with you.
Lincoln needs to be showing the public what it has now, and stressing the value of these vehicles. With it's current polarizing styling, value is their strongest point. They should be showing more car, and using younger middle aged actors enjoying them. The whole "smarter than luxury" seems to be saying "we are not luxury, but we want you to ignore that, and check out these nifty features (just ignore the fact that they are available on our Fords too).
Lincoln may have made a mistake by announcing the "New" Lincoln early last year, when the first redesigned vehicle (MKZ if it is still named that), will not appear for a year from now. When the refreshed MKS and MKT come out first(8 months from now!), the press will be wondering what all the fuss about a new Lincoln is.

·
Registered
74 Posts

One of the best Lincoln ads of the last couple of years was the MKS Starship ad. That should be the launching point for Lincoln advertising, not showing the same technology as a Ford. To be world class you have to act world class.

·
Registered
997 Posts

The ads should be edgy and somewhat radical while being sophisticated and fitting of the Lincoln Brand. That would get my attention. Too bad there can't be 3-D commercials where you feel like you are there. Have several ads/commercials that focus on 1 feature at a time so you don't see the same ad/commercial every time until you get sick of seeing it and get turned off by the whole thing which is happening here.

Ads are the image of what you want to be. The job of the ad is to make people think they have to have this product regardless of how practical or impractical it may be. The owner feels that he/she is the same image while driving the vehicle and being seen in the vehicle. As I said before if the current ad campaign is not generating any showroom traffic, then it's a no brainer to change until you get to something that works. I see the Mercury monies we not put to the best use....

Not keep beating a dead horse (then again, if you know me...hahaha ;)) but instead of MK this and that there should be "The MK Series". Remember in the early '70's, the ads were "The Continentals. The Final Step Up." Within the Continentals were the regular sedans and coupes as well as the Mark III and Mark IV depending on year. It was less confusing and sales rocked each year with the exception of the Arab Oil Embargo of '73/'74.

Do people at Ford & Lincoln read these Forums? We ALL gave excellent comments to how the focus and direction of Lincoln should be for a few months now. Everybody has contributed suggestions/comments. Too bad we all can't be hired at Ford to turn things around....Imagine what can happen.:agree:

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts

...there should be "The MK Series"...

...Do people at Ford & Lincoln read these Forums? We ALL gave excellent comments to how the focus and direction of Lincoln should be for a few months now. Everybody has contributed suggestions/comments. Too bad we all can't be hired at Ford to turn things around....Imagine what can happen.:agree:
I've seen a Lincoln person use the the phrase MK-Series
either Scott Tobin or CJ O'Donnell (or maybe Mr. Kuzak)

re: commercials - had an idea that would go with the StarShip theme but still be a bit different
BUT
imho the best advertising ideas should be locked away until they have vehicles worthy of them

we know that people who work for Ford read this and other forums.
I'm wondering if the higher(est?) ups at Fomoco are willing to change THEIR PERCEPTION of Lincoln(-Mercury) :yikes:

disclaimer: I woke up with a sniffle & feeling depressed

AND Fomoco isn't helping...so far

1 - 13 of 13 Posts