Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hot off the introduction of the Orlando MPV and Cruze hatchback show car, Chevrolet today released the first photos of the production Aveo five-door hatchback, which will make its world premiere at the Paris Motor Show at the end of the month.

Most of the styling, including details such as the 'hidden' rear door handles and the 'angry' looking front with the exposed twin-headlamps and dual port grille, has been carried over from the Aveo RS show car that was displayed at the Detroit and Geneva motor shows earlier this year.
Read more: http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2010/09/new-chevrolet-aveo-revealed-in.html

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Looks good, but not better than the Fiesta. Ford will win this battle. The style is very important in this segment

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
WHAT!! . . . is THAT supposed to compete with the Fiesta? OMG!!

This may very well be the biggest automotive disappointment of the decade . . . sorry GM!

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Looks better than the Versa, Accent and Yaris, about even with Fit, but Fiesta is still the head of the class for style.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Fiesta is still the looker of this class. But Aveo is not that far behind. Its very distinctive. I love how Ford and GM have gone back to their design prowess.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Fiesta is still the looker of this class. But Aveo is not that far behind. Its very distinctive. I love how Ford and GM have gone back to their design prowess.
Oh God, no. This thing looks atrocious, "horrendous in every conceivable way" as someone in Autoblog commented, despite how big the posted pics of it are. The mismatch of conflicting lines with no purpose and details like the matte dark grey stop light surroundings are all wrong.

The only B car that is possibly worse looking is the Nissan Cube.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
We certainly have different tastes. I would still take the Fiesta, based on looks, features is going to be where this battle is won in North America, in Europe, Ford simply has a serious lead over Chevy.

Oh God, no. This thing looks atrocious, "horrendous in every conceivable way" as someone in Autoblog commented, despite how big the posted pics of it are. The mismatch of conflicting lines with no purpose and details like the matte dark grey stop light surroundings are all wrong.

The only B car that is possibly worse looking is the Nissan Cube.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
massive C pillars on the Scion and Chevy... why???

I like the new front but the rear doors are killing it for me..

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
We certainly have different tastes. I would still take the Fiesta, based on looks, features is going to be where this battle is won in North America, in Europe, Ford simply has a serious lead over Chevy.
Three cheers to that!!

But now that you mention Europe, I would very much someone to tell me what's the deal. GM already had in Europe a perfectly fine, if slightly dated, B segment car, the Opel/Vauxhall Corsa (a.k.a Chevy Corsa in other markets like Brazil). Why this Korea sourced . . . thing?

Why the duplication of efforts? Or does GM really believes that the world needs another 'el cheapo' brand?

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Toyota's Alternative... Isn't it the Yaris?

At least thats the case is in most parts of the world.
I think it is, yes

. . . and although I do not belong to the hate Toyota at all costs and against all logic camp. This time I can say that the Yaris looks as bad as the new Aveo, IMHO.

·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
Three cheers to that!!

But now that you mention Europe, I would very much someone to tell me what's the deal. GM already had in Europe a perfectly fine, if slightly dated, B segment car, the Opel/Vauxhall Corsa (a.k.a Chevy Corsa in other markets like Brazil). Why this Korea sourced . . . thing?

Why the duplication of efforts? Or does GM really believes that the world needs another 'el cheapo' brand?
The Chevy Corsa is Brazil is a very old version of the Corsa.

Oldly enough, the current Opel Corsa (pictured) is getting ready to be launched down there as the next Chevy Astra, though heavily cheapened.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts