Ford Inside News banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Some styling cues were, obviously, taken from the BMW i3 . Is GM targeting this car, too?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Chevy getting in on the full-width twilight game now. Probably time for Lincoln to do something else, ha.
Oh please...chevy has had many full-width 'tailights'. Beretta, Monte Carlo, Impala. Maybe more models, IDK...but that doesn't take away from lincoln doing it. They need to keep full width. It looks elegant.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts

This could be a nice little ride. 100 more EV miles than an i3, at about $10k less.

GM has a micro site for the Bolt with more details.
I cannot stand its appearance, at all! It would however be a perfect car for my wife who never puts 200 miles on one in a day. Of course the excess range is nice being the Nevada heat would have her running the A/C six months per year or more. Once the price of gas gets back near $4 this would make all kinds of sense!

On the other hand I was reading an interview with one of the Saudi's involved in their oil business and he believes we will never again see $100 a barrel. To many oil producers who will not give up volume to raise prices combined with ever improving efficiency will keep us solidly in a supply outstripping demand situation for many years to come. He wasn't saying $50 a barrel prices will be the norm, but the $100+ prices that put us close to or over $4 a gallon are likely a thing of the past. Thats the good news, the bad news is its only time before the politicians gets their fangs into us and raise gas taxes should the predictions remain true so $4 a gallon will be artificially returned.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The Bolt is only 5k less than the i3 as the 30k price is after the 7500 federal tax credit...
From car company statements I would think there will be al least Tesla, Chevy, Nissan, Ford, BMW, VW in that price and mileage range in the next 2 to 4 years...
Chevy, Ford, BMW and VW all use the ISO charging standard and at least Ford and BMW are working on programs to roll them out with higher chargning rates and BMW says the have a game chaging charger from a pricing standpoint...

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
^ the "Sparkle" is FUN to drive = quicker** than a Corvette :joyous:
The problem, other than it's not fun for long/far,
is that the drivetrain is in a cheapo car
so
while we're talking to the 'Ford'...

...Please REMEMBER THAT $10K DRIVETRAINS BELONG IN LINCOLNS, 'Ford'.
You can put them in your mainstream namesake when they drop half their price, maybe 80% off would be better

** tho not "faster"

·
Registered
761 Posts
I think this little guy is cute. I really have to say I like the Bolt much more than the new Volt. I would love to see Ford doing more electric/hybrid with their line-up.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
...Lets agree never to bring it up again! :)
why?

Paul said:
B-Max electric would be a PERFECT competitor!
except it'd be competing with a nother mistake .... imho

...the ELR never should have been built!...
YEAHbut
imho
we need to set the WayBack Machine to when GM was priductionizing the Volt
from the totally-different (anti-aerodynamic) original-showcar-Volt
and
MAKE A Buick Electra INSTEAD

1 - 19 of 19 Posts