Ford Inside News banner

New colors, or changes to the 2016 MKZ?

Tags
2016 colors mkz
12K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  2b2 
#1 ·
I have noticed thru the fleet web sites that the 2016 model year changeover on the Fusions and MKZ are happening in Feb-April... I assume the refresh for '17 will happen earlier than later..Would the 16's just be model year name only? any words on slight changes? I originally figured May for order.. now that will be a 16 and not a 15...:joyous:

Rick.

#2 ·
I'm also a bit confused about what's going to happen to the MKZ in regards to the timeline of the facelift. I always thought that the MY16 would get the facelift - but if that launches between Feb and April, that's not going to happen. So the refresh should be MY17 then - which could legally not be released prior to January 2016.

Very strange...:(

#3 ·
MKZ is on track for new model to start production 3rd qtr 2017 as MY2018. New Fusion is due 3rd qtr 2018 as MY2019. Which means we are supposed to see a MKZ refresh for MY2016 this year. With a Fusion refresh for MY2017 in 2016.

But what puts a kink in that plan is that the 2015 MKZ just launched in China, that is produced in the US. So a MY2016 refresh would only offer a 1 year product cycle for the China MKZ. Unless Lincoln is ramping up production in China for MKZ kicking off this year, that will supply that market with the current model, while the US will get the expected refresh for MY2016(somehow).

Or, the 'refresh' for MKZ will be a very minor one like the current MKS is getting, which will keep it on the current 2016 schedule based on fleet schedule data. Which means Lincoln will let the MKZ ride mostly as is until the new model in 2017(MY2018), and let the New MKS take center stage for 2016. MKX has the stage in 2015.

Either way, China should end up with two generations of the MKZ to sell after the New MY2018 launch.

#7 ·
just wanted to tie up some loose ends I came across last nite...
...what a difference less than a month makes!

the MKZ OrderGuide has already come out
and from info on Lincoln.com:

2016 MKZ
continuing: RubyRed, PlatinumDune, WhitePlatinum, Ingot, Guard, Magnetic, Luxe, BronzeFire
new: BlackVelvet
interiors: Ebony, updated Hazelnut, new Cappuccino/Dune
[BL]: includes Oasis with BlackTie,CrystalSilver,ConfidentialWhite,ChromaFlame,ChromaCouture (no Notorious)

MKZ is on track for new model to start production 3rd qtr 2017 as MY2018. New Fusion is due 3rd qtr 2018 as MY2019. Which means we are supposed to see a MKZ refresh for MY2016 this year. With a Fusion refresh for MY2017 in 2016...
Link old online document with ^that^ info
BUT
I'm thinking the schedule has been moved up!
Dunno about the Fusion but I expect the Z's major-refresh (formerly new "tophat") will happen THIS year ie by the end of cy2015/2017my when the Nano+9speed comes out
( perhaps this is added evidence for a midsize Lincoln D6/CD6?? )

...But what puts a kink in that plan is that the 2015 MKZ just launched in China, that is produced in the US. So a MY2016 refresh would only offer a 1 year product cycle for the China MKZ. Unless Lincoln is ramping up production in China for MKZ kicking off this year, that will supply that market with the current model, while the US will get the expected refresh for MY2016(somehow).

Or, the 'refresh' for MKZ will be a very minor one like the current MKS is getting, which will keep it on the current 2016 schedule based on fleet schedule data. Which means Lincoln will let the MKZ ride mostly as is until the new model in 2017(MY2018), and let the New MKS take center stage for 2016. MKX has the stage in 2015.

Either way, China should end up with two generations of the MKZ to sell after the New MY2018 launch.
I just can't make myself remember when China production starts OR which models...

#8 ·
I'm thinking the schedule has been moved up!
Dunno about the Fusion but I expect the Z's major-refresh (formerly new "tophat") will happen THIS year ie by the end of cy2015/2017my when the Nano+9speed comes out
If it takes much longer, they can ditch the refresh altogether...:tongue:

They could open the order-banks for the refresh by the end of this year but as you know, an official sales-launch of a MY17 is not allowed prior to 2016 CY - but scheduling that for January 2nd would already do the trick.:thumb:

This, BTW, would also match the timeline that was posted here a while ago which put the refreshed MKZ right between CY 2015 and 2016.

#9 ·
afaik a 2017my car can be in full production and be fully advertised before NewYears as long as they don't sell any until after

& LFFL,
if by timeline you mean the chart that had pretty little ovals for each vehicle,
the original had no years shown between 2014 and 2020+
(I made a lot of modified versions with dates - no URLs handy :facepalm: ))**
THO
it did show the MKZ-mce & MKS(wic) coming out simultaneously

** Link, end of Sept

#10 ·
afaik a 2017my car can be in full production and be fully advertised before NewYears as long as they don't sell any until after
That's correct.:thumb:

We will know more about this once we found out how long production on the MY16 is supposed to run - because after all, MY17 WILL indeed be the refreshed model.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.