Ford Inside News banner

New Elantra Interior Image

10K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  65linc 
#1 ·

As expected, the overall design of the dashboard continues the same "sculpted" theme seen on the new Sonata's interior, enhanced with more edges and swoopy lines. It also gets an instrument panel with a pair of tunneled main gauges (speedometer and tachometer), as well as unique controls for the HVAC system on the center console and plenty of faux metal trim.

The new Elantra launches in South Korea with Hyundai's new 1.6-liter direct injection straight four petrol engine, which puts out 140-horsepower and 166Nm or 122 lb-ft of peak torque, and prices ranging between 14,900,000 Won and 19,500,000 Won (about US$12,300 to $16,100).

LINK

See less See more
#2 ·
Everyone has been raving about the new Hyundai's and honestly I think they are ugly... I like the Genesis but the rest I think need work, they look too busy.

#9 ·
This answers the question "How many varieties of cheap plastic can you put in a car's interior"

Hyundai seems to be going for shock value now, and just like the exterior of the Sonata, once the shock is over, all you have is a goofy looking car.

#11 ·
saw my first Sonata on the road (well, parking lot) yesterday
undecided - not that it wasn't eye-catching & I DID like it (tho need more time)
but
wonder how its rather-striking/look-at-me/very-obvious side sculpting will stand the test of time?
Tho I have an immediate positive response which I still haven't had with BMW's "door handle spear".

...I've had a theory that sharper/edgier styling ages better than rounded/bathtub styling - possibly having to do with creases hide paint-aging(?) - maybe this car will prove or dis-prove that (or that too much is possible) .......in 10 years or so :toetap:

#12 ·
Looks like the Elantra will be a formidable competitor, but I still think the new Focus is going to take the cake for class refinement, cabin tech, performance, etc. Unfortunately, I think it will also be one of the higher-priced models in its segment. But I think people will be willing to pay the premium for all the features, style & engineering.

#13 ·
This answers the question "How many varieties of cheap plastic can you put in a car's interior"

Hyundai seems to be going for shock value now, and just like the exterior of the Sonata, once the shock is over, all you have is a goofy looking car.
Too much varieties and too much cheap lookin plastic for my taste. Give me the next Focus interior, please. There are good plastics, good taste for the design and very fututistic amenities. Elantra, good luck with your new clothes!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.