Ford Inside News banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
I thought it was ironic that Ford built an ad talking about how the 'other' manufacturers talked about what they are building for the future(forgetting to mention the 'other' guys have concepts and some are already producing and selling their future vehicles), while Ford does the same so far 'without' offering a concept of new product in their ad.

And did Ford really say that the public will be a 'fool' to believe what their competition is saying about their future vehicles?? Seriously??

While at the same time they were clear to mention ..."Building Cars, New Technologies and Transforming Cities"....and nothing about trucks, vans and SUVs, but showing images of building F-150 and a Mustang in motion.

What this ad represents is that Ford knows they have a big perception problem with consumers, and that is that consumers know the future is electric, and Ford has nothing to show and is getting left behind. Especially with younger drivers under 40. Which means Ford and Lincoln will be targeting the same age demographic. 40+

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Was the Bronco you saw a mockup with no engine/drivetrain or was it an actual pre-production unit?

I do hope they make the New Bronco global like the Mustang. I think it can coexist with the more mainstream 5/7-seater Everest sold in Asia-Pacific markets.
What I saw was a rendering.
It is exactly what I was hoping for.

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I thought it was ironic that Ford built an ad talking about how the 'other' manufacturers talked about what they are building for the future(forgetting to mention the 'other' guys have concepts and some are already producing and selling their future vehicles), while Ford does the same so far 'without' offering a concept of new product in their ad.

And did Ford really say that the public will be a 'fool' to believe what their competition is saying about their future vehicles?? Seriously??

While at the same time they were clear to mention ..."Building Cars, New Technologies and Transforming Cities"....and nothing about trucks, vans and SUVs, but showing images of building F-150 and a Mustang in motion.

What this ad represents is that Ford knows they have a big perception problem with consumers, and that is that consumers know the future is electric, and Ford has nothing to show and is getting left behind. Especially with younger drivers under 40. Which means Ford and Lincoln will be targeting the same age demographic. 40+

Perhaps, but what Ford will never be guilty of, is showing some product many years before it arrives, if it arrives at all. Thinking of you Tesla.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
I think they are confusing the 4 door "mustang inspired" "crossover" that is the Mach1 with a future 4 door mustang. I don't believe that to be in the cards. By the way, this is the Mach1. I added some light to the photo.

Mach I??

No that's clearly the new Pinto Pony

·
Registered
867 Posts
This ad really is just more "talk;" exactly the kind of talk the ad puts down. True, you'd be a fool to listen to "talk." Trust us, something's coming.

Oh ... but if you need something now ... we don't have it. Go to another brand and come back when we do. OK?

Well, the sneak peek looks promising. Most likely the Mach1, I guess. With all the speculation again about a 4-door Mustang, where does that leave poor Lincoln in the excitement sweepstakes? The answer is nowhere; just wait for more Ford hand-me-downs ... I mean, ups ... for the Boomers.

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
This ad really is just more "talk;" exactly the kind of talk the ad puts down. True, you'd be a fool to listen to "talk." Trust us, something's coming.

Oh ... but if you need something now ... we don't have it. Go to another brand and come back when we do. OK?

Well, the sneak peek looks promising. Most likely the Mach1, I guess. With all the speculation again about a 4-door Mustang, where does that leave poor Lincoln in the excitement sweepstakes? The answer is nowhere; just wait for more Ford hand-me-downs ... I mean, ups ... for the Boomers.
What exactly is Ford missing right now that is keeping them from significantly more sales?

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
Perhaps, but what Ford will never be guilty of, is showing some product many years before it arrives, if it arrives at all. Thinking of you Tesla.
Grand C-Max, and it all depends on what you call 'many' because it takes Ford about 3 years to get a concept into dealer lots. Showing concepts and pre-production models early on with MUCH DETAIL is what generates pre orders, banking sales of the model before production starts. Along with generating interest and excitement about the brand.

BTW...that Mustang front end shot buried in the ad is not planned to be in production until 2021. It's 2018 now.

Tesla still has over 400k preorders for the Model 3, over 1200 pre-orders for the Semi, and New Roadster has been building preorders since late last year.

The key is build a product advanced enough that consumers 'want' it enough to wait for it, because no one else can offer anything like it even years out. Ford, unfortunately is planning to offer more of the same ICE technology in small, med and large size. Or old school PHEV tech that's already been surpassed by BEVs.

ZERO excitement. Everybody has been there, done that and is moving on.

I still think years ago, Ford should have transitioned Lincoln into a luxury EV brand, invested in a sled/platform/drivetrain, partnered with Tesla to share SuperChargers, invested in the GigaFactory and already launched the Continental EV...the ultimate in power and quiet luxury, along with a MKZ sedan/fast back replacement competing with Model 3 and taking sales from ICE 3-series and c-class.

But instead Ford is trying to figure out how to get what they need from much larger global sales leader....... VW, while not getting eaten alive.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
What exactly is Ford missing right now that is keeping them from significantly more sales?
Probably new models on the dealership floor, like the all-new Escape for example.
The sales of the current Escape are trailing the Rav4 and CR-V by a wide margin.

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Probably new models on the dealership floor, like the all-new Escape for example.
The sales of the current Escape are trailing the Rav4 and CR-V by a wide margin.
Doubtful that the equally dated Escape is suffering exclusively from lack of freshness. Many other factors are at play too, like the new cheaper EcoSport selling alongside, and the balance of incentives from all parties. Honda and Toyota have been pretty aggressive lately. And some people actually wait, as new Escape is just a few months away. My point, I don't expect Ford to suddenly pass those legendary volume sellers with a freshened product or two. Especially as new Escape shows up with higher price points and less cash on the hood.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I think this and all the others are great ads. It does give me a little more sense of pride in the company that I care very much about.
My one and only issue with this one in particular about building the future is that though I believe they are building the future along with others, I don't know if we know enough about this building they are doing to be able to truly support such a strong statement as the one in the ad.

But I feel that will change very soon as Ford reveals what is to come.

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I think this and all the others are great ads. It does give me a little more sense of pride in the company that I care very much about.
My one and only issue with this one in particular about building the future is that though I believe they are building the future along with others, I don't know if we know enough about this building they are doing to be able to truly support such a strong statement as the one in the ad.

But I feel that will change very soon as Ford reveals what is to come.

This ad is first in a series. Not sure of the cadence, but that is what I heard.

·
Registered
394 Posts
What I saw was a rendering.
It is exactly what I was hoping for.
I know u can’t say specifics but I think u and I are on the same page. I hope that the Bronco is everything we’ve been seeing the last few years. It would stand out in a field of generic SUVs. And have the chops to be a genuine off-roader unlike the new blazer. Style, substance and hopefully, a 2 door and manual option, and it will give ford some much needed street cred like raptor did.

·
Registered
43 Posts
This is what Assimilator said on blueovalnews. Hopefully I'm allowed to post this here.
That is the Mach1 SUV, believe it or not. It looks like a Mustang EV/SUV, even has the signature Mustang taillights, hips, and rear glass. It looks amazing, proves Ford's point about compelling new silhouettes that don't have to be sedans.

As for the Mustang badge...they weren't kidding about the Mustang connection. Seems iffy to me, it may not survive to production...regardless the design looks like a Mustang and even has that long RWD wheelbase. This is all Farley's influence, originally it looked kind of boring, like an Edge...Farley involved the Mustang in the redesign. It's a little bonkers but it's working for me, especially sine Farley moved it up market and turned into a performance EV instead of just a 300-Mile compact EV as it was originally billed. Much of this was correcting Mark Field's notoriously timid and restrained product approach which focused almost entirely on analysis instead of leadership instincts. The C-EV as it was originally called would have been a compliance product more than a Tesla competitor and would likely have flopped. This won't, I can guarantee that! Watching Ford fix itself in real-time is fascinating, shows how flexible the company is and how determined the are to get it right and not just ship product according to industry templates.

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I know u can’t say specifics but I think u and I are on the same page. I hope that the Bronco is everything we’ve been seeing the last few years. It would stand out in a field of generic SUVs. And have the chops to be a genuine off-roader unlike the new blazer. Style, substance and hopefully, a 2 door and manual option, and it will give ford some much needed street cred like raptor did.
Imagine front styling not too far removed from this contemporary rendering, but in a boxy more traditional style like old, complete with fender flares.
And Ford has never offered both 4 and 2 door Bronco back when they did not have a plethora of other SUV's along side it, and they won't start now with what is a niche product. Trust me, I have owned Bronco, and jumping up into the back seat is for kids only. However, you may get your wish for a manual.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Imagine front styling not too far removed from this contemporary rendering, but in a boxy more traditional style like old, complete with fender flares.
And Ford has never offered both 4 and 2 door Bronco back when they did not have a plethora of other SUV's along side it, and they won't start now with what is a niche product. Trust me, I have owned Bronco, and jumping up into the back seat is for kids only. However, you may get your wish for a manual.

Are you saying there wont be a 2 door Bronco? Because that's the one I want, along side my 94' EB.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Coupes are all but useless because of their difficult to access rear seat, and a tall SUV is that much more difficult.
Why invest in something few would want.
Everyone isn't looking for the most convenient vehicle. Some want a coupe, convertible, 2 seater, or whatever. Look at how many people purchase and love their FJs, 2-door Wranglers, Broncos, Blazers, and so on. Look at how Mustangs sell. You are giving me reasons why Ford shouldn't make a 2-door Bronco, but my question was just if they were going to. I don't know if you know the answer or not but I really hope they do!

21 - 40 of 51 Posts