Ford Inside News banner

New Hyundai Elantra

5K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  2b2 
#1 ·

See less See more
#7 ·
^ if you mean the 'spear' that the doorhandles are on...
...no idea who started that but it almost everywhere now
(the new Focus's is probably the Best version imho)

& re: the Elantra - at least it's better than the Accent - probably just because there's a bit more sheetmetal to spread out all those styling 'tricks'
The better of the 3 new sedans.
There is something about Hyundai that screams low-cost. I do not know what it is. Perhaps it’s the way they mish mash designs.
I had the opportunity to drive the outgoing Sonata and I was not one bit impressed with the feel of the car. It has this discount sensation about it.

#8 ·
^ speaking just the Fortes I had a look at recently at a mini-autoshow, I agree, Tahoe

something ...actually EVERYthing... just didn't feel right
tho IN PIX I'd found the Forte very attractive, even exciting :eek:

maybe it's just part of their way of doing things - I never paid H/K's much attention before - and after a testdrive or 2 I'd change my mind - but I sure AIN'T interested in trying them from my look-see

#11 ·
the levels of refinement that have been seen elsewhere are not quite present here but overall im very impressed by Hyundais efforts lightyears ahead of the current elantra which in my opinion is a dated relic that needs to be replaced

#12 ·
Other than the small black plastic fakeout on the C-pillar (which might be small enough for me to overlook it in this application), I think it looks great. I actually like it better than the new gen Focus (which I think is a very attractive compact sedan in its own right). I think these 2 compact sedans will raise the bar for the segment.

#13 ·
Other than the small black plastic fakeout on the C-pillar (which might be small enough for me to overlook it in this application), I think it looks great...
I hadn't really noticed that - they only slightly offend me
but
now that you call my attention to it, Cire
it makes me think of the Mazda6 - a Lot
would've preferred a different design of the own for the C-pillar - the lack of which does offend me more
also
would've really *liked* if they'd emphasized the 'hexagon' shape around the grille & fascia
(& made the HL's a bit smaller)
ok - I done ;)

#14 ·
2011 Hyundai Elantra / Avante Interior Teased with Rendering - CarScoop

Wednesday, June 30, 2010
At this year's edition of the Busan Motor Show in April, Hyundai gave us our first look at the rakish new Elantra sedan, known as the Avante in its home market. However, the South Korean company only showed us its outer parts as the display model's windows were all blacked out.

Now, Hyundai is teasing us with a conceptual rendering of the Elantra's interior that, like the exterior, promises a dramatic revamp relative to the current model Judging from the sketch, the 2011 Elantra's cabin design will continue the same "sculpted" theme seen on the new Sonata's interior.

The Elantra is expected to go on sale in the automaker's home market as the 2011 Avante with a new 140HP 1.6-liter direct-injection gasoline unit before the end of the year.

While Hyundai has yet to confirm U.S. availability, recent reports from South Korea claim that the new Elantra will be built at the firm's Montgomery, Alabama plant starting from April, 2011.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.