Ford Inside News banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

HIROSHIMA, Japan—Mazda Motor (China) Co. Ltd., Mazda Motor Corporation’s management affiliate for the Chinese market, has announced that Changan Ford Mazda Automobile Co., Ltd. (CFMA) will produce the all-new Mazda2 at its plant in Nanjing, China. The announcement was made at a pre-show media event Mazda held on April 19, 2007, in advance of the Shanghai International Motor Show. The Nanjing plant is a joint venture with Mazda’s partners in China, the Ford Motor Company and the Changan Automobile Group.

The all-new Mazda2 is the first of Mazda’s new generation of products to evolve to the next stage. Its world premiere at the Geneva International Motor Show at the beginning of March 2007 met with great acclaim. Mazda has specifically developed the Mazda2 model that will be produced at the Nanjing plant to suit the tastes of the Chinese market.

The Nanjing vehicle manufacturing plant will have an annual capacity of 160,000 units and will be based on Mazda’s production system. The plant will feature cutting-edge eco-friendliness, efficiency, and an employee-friendly working environment. Manufacturing equipment for stamping, body assembly, painting and final assembly lines has already been installed, and verification trials have begun in line with plans to commence production at the plant by the end of 2007. Adjacent to the vehicle plant, Changan Ford Mazda Engine Co., Ltd., is in the final phase of construction and will commence production soon.
Mazda’s director and senior managing executive officer in charge of China Business, Kiyoshi Ozaki, commented at the media event held April 19: “Through the construction of the Nanjing manufacturing and engine plants, Mazda and our partners will not only be able to achieve business growth, but we also expect the plants will contribute to the development of the local community and the Chinese economy.”

Mazda will maintain its pursuit of harmony between driving pleasure and environmental and safety performance, and always strive to be a brand that provides an exhilarating driving experience. In order to achieve our mid-term target of production and sales of 300,000 units in China in 2010, we will continue to offer Zoom-Zoom products to our customers in China.

Mazda Media

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am thinking this might come here, with everyone from chevy to toyota to nissan to mazda selling their versa, fits yaris aveo's etc... Ford is left hanging

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
So will it be coming here?
I am thinking this might come here, with everyone from chevy to toyota to nissan to mazda selling their versa, fits yaris aveo's etc... Ford is left hanging

Well, Ford's been talking about B-cars for a... guess it only seems like forever... but I think the Ford version is definitely coming.
And Mazda would be crazy not to have the Mz2 in Canada - tho they might be 'persuaded' not to sell it in the U.S. - at first.

Ya know, it just came to me
Ford needs to "put the USA on its list"!
(tho lord knows they're not as bad as Buick-China)

·
Registered
764 Posts
It dirves me crazy when I look at all of the Ford products that are offered in Europe and Australia, but htey are not here. That Mondeo is a beautiful looking car, dont get me worng, the Fusion is a reliable and good car so far, but the Mondeo is even better. The Focus in Europe in good looking too, and would make a perfect little brother to the Mondeo in North America. This Mazda2 would look perfect as a Ford (Fiesta??) and would be way better looking than the other plain looking economy cars. It just fustrates me to see that Ford is offering world class products everwhere else except here and if they were here, it would help fix Fords stuggle in North America.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
The Mazda 2 isn't only for China, is for the entire Asia, Australia,Europe, SouthAmerica, and, maybe, USA. Is a true word-car.
The next Ford Fiesta is a Mazda2 twin, and a future B car for USA is the next european Fiesta, built in Mexico.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
since
- I'm feeling like a brat today :D
- & Ford hasn't made a 'NNOUCEMENT about it coming here:
thought rather than start a new thread for a vehicle we CAN'T GET :mad:,
I'd add this post to every Mazda2 thread on the forum :p

"Based on standards of merit, value, safety, environmental responsibility, significance, and emotional appeal..."
MAZDA2 wins WORLDCAR OF THE YEAR!!!

^ swiped from Autoblog ^

so... FORD, HOWZABOUT IT???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts