Ford Inside News banner

New Small Ford Truck Pricing Revealed - under $20K

12K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  ZanatWork 
#1 ·
https://jalopnik.com/new-compact-ford-pickup-will-start-under-20-000-repor-1842219589

COO Jim Farley and other executives showed off the still-unnamed pickup to roughly 100 of its highest-volume retailers at a multiday event in Tucson last month, according to some who attended. Ford has indicated to retailers the vehicle will be priced under $20,000, dealers told Automotive News, making it roughly $5,000 less expensive than the base version of the Ranger midsize pickup. One dealer said the sides of the vehicle resembled that of the original Ranger.

The small pickup, codenamed P758, is expected to be built at Ford’s plant in Hermosillo, Mexico, and have an annual volume of more than 100,000, suppliers have been told.

#2 ·
I expect US sales will be modest compared to global. But then again, if this is your new entry level product, who knows how well it will sell. The idea of a fuel efficient and certainly tough little vehicle that can get work done, while also having a mild ride with unibody architecture, might lure several types of buyers. We already know America loves it's trucks. We shall see.

On another note, Ford employees got an invite to see the new Bronco next week. The world should see it shortly after that, and the Bronco Sport about 1 month after that.

#23 ·
Not a fan of the grille, but I'm not into most of the current F-series grilles, either. I prefer the "rugged simplicity" approach to the strangely complex stuff on most of them, now.

Then again, I consider the mid 90's era to be among the best looking trucks ever built.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.