·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New York show: New Taurus points to Falcon facelift
By BYRON MATHIOUDAKIS
25 April 2011
Go Auto

FORD design boss J Mays has confirmed that the 2013 Taurus facelift featuring the company’s new corporate nose will be integrated across a variety of upcoming models, including this year’s vital Falcon makeover.

The new Ford look will also be integrated into the next-generation Mondeo mid-size sedan.

Speaking to GoAuto at the New York International Auto Show last week, Mr Mays explained Ford’s desire for a bold, coherent look that still retains each individual model’s character.

Claimed to have been heavily influenced by the latest Audi A6, the new Taurus features a cleaner and more defined hexagonal grille treatment that lends itself to a variety of model grade variations.

Bowing to US buyer feedback, Ford said that it worked hard to differentiate the sports-orientated SHO version from the more mundane Taurus models with modified grille, bumper and air intake elements.

Full text at link

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
So larger Fords will have a large upper grill and small lower grill.

And smaller Fords will either have no upper grill or small upper grill and large lower grill.

Same shape for the large grills. The upper grill of the Taurus looks like an inverted version (shape) of the B-Max Concepts lower grill.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
I like the look of the refesh, it looks more agressive. and there is a hint of the Mustang in it

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
so the mondeo/fusion join + falcon/taurus LOOK joined sounds like "priming the pump" to replace falcon with taurus
I hope NOT
agree ^ richmond!!!
&
the next Falcon (FG2?) really ought to have some Territory influence
think I read on an Aussie site that it'll use the new Territory's headlights
which is Just Fine imho

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
agree ^ richmond!!!
&
the next Falcon (FG2?) really ought to have some Territory influence
think I read on an Aussie site that it'll use the new Territory's headlights
which is Just Fine imho
Do you know when the Falcon will get a refresh?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts