Ford Inside News banner

Newbie...where to get VIN info?

7K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  monberl 
#1 ·
I'm in the process of buying my first diesel van. I'll be looking for a '99-'03 E350 7.3l.

Is there a site that will tell me the rear-end gear ratio as well as the tranny info with the VIN number? Also what choices in transmissions there are. I'll be towing a 10,000 lb boat and trailer.

Thanky!
Charlie

This post has been deleted
#3 ·
In order to find the history of the car you don't have to use the VIN number. I found here — $5.90 ONLY — PPSR Certificate | Search PPSR in Seconds another way to get full description of the history of the car before buying. You can get a PPSR certificate, where there is all information about the car. You will learn the model, the configuration of this model, year of manufacture, registration details and you will have problems with creditors after its purchase or not.. For PPSR search you can use the VIN number or use the registration number. It seems to me that this can solve your problem.
Very interesting, can auto workshops provide this type of thing too?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.