Ford Inside News banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Sponsored Editorial Content
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Now that the new 2015 Ford F-150 is ready to be released, the American automaker has turned its attention on its Raptor performance truck.

Spy photographers have caught a Ford Raptor mule testing next-generation parts, sporting a new grille and hood along with the aluminum crew cab body from the 2015 Ford F-150. Other current Raptor parts have also found their way onto the mule, but noticeably missing are the signature blue shocks in the rear wheel wells which suggests that Ford could be testing new components for the next-generation Raptor.

The new Raptor is expected to be either a 2016 or 2017 model year pickup and the spy photographers noted that when the mule accelerated, it sounded more like an EcoBoost V6 under the hood than a V8.
For more information about this story, Next-Gen Ford Raptor Mule Spied Testing and to check out all of the available spy photos please visit AutoGuide.com.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Hopefully MKX isn't in the mule stage right now, ha.

We've seen just about every other car in testing, including the next MKS and Explorer...but no MKX which should be launching around the corner. Figures, the car I want to buy next is elusive...or farther away than I hoped. The MKC was also elusive until 6-months before its final unveiling and the next MKX is probably 1-year away, if not more (May-July 2015). So we still have quite a bit of time to go for prototypes to appear.

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Hopefully MKX isn't in the mule stage right now, ha.

We've seen just about every other car in testing, including the next MKS and Explorer...but no MKX which should be launching around the corner. Figures, the car I want to buy next is elusive...or farther away than I hoped.
Haha, I ve heard that the MKX are around Dearborn and even KGP has some pics

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Haha, I ve heard that the MKX are around Dearborn and even KGP has some pics
So this got me asking around...and indeed you are right.

"Brian Williams @SpyPhotographer
We've been seeing it for 2-3 months, but no one cares to buy spyshots of it..."

So how do we get these damn photos sold? LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts