Ford Inside News banner

301 - 314 of 314 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
There is some new technology that Lincoln is debuting with Corsair, related to PHEV, and they are not quite ready to announce it. It is quite 'divergent' from Escape hybrid, which was already announced. But the approach will be similar to Aviator, whereby PHEV version will bias performance over FE. Should be exciting. I recall the tech used, and first application. Curious to see final metrics.
...so, does this mean separate rear axle motor?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Looks gorgeous!!! I'm really impressed all around. I wonder if this will eat into Nautilus sales. I love the Nautilus, but the Corsair interior is so well done!

I'm extremely perplexed as to why Lincoln chose not to offer Black Label on the Corsair, considering it will most likely be their volume leader next to the Aviator. That's my only disappointment. I would have loved to have seen the exquisite details and design of Black Label in a compact design.

Hopefully they'll reconsider and add it for the next model year or once they release the plug-in/EV versions of this car.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
From what I've read, yes, the PHEV puts an electric motor on the rear axle.

Looks gorgeous!!! I'm really impressed all around. I wonder if this will eat into Nautilus sales. I love the Nautilus, but the Corsair interior is so well done!

I'm extremely perplexed as to why Lincoln chose not to offer Black Label on the Corsair, considering it will most likely be their volume leader next to the Aviator. That's my only disappointment. I would have loved to have seen the exquisite details and design of Black Label in a compact design.

Hopefully they'll reconsider and add it for the next model year or once they release the plug-in/EV versions of this car.
I'm guessing MKC BL take rate was low, so they didn't deem it worth doing on this model. I too find it interesting, as it's an all new model, which might do better with BL than the last one. However, with the interior appointments (unique colors) and exterior details (different grille insert, Aviator BL looking wheels), it seems there's a BL model without being labeled such.

·
Registered
546 Posts
There is some new technology that Lincoln is debuting with Corsair, related to PHEV, and they are not quite ready to announce it. It is quite 'divergent' from Escape hybrid, which was already announced. But the approach will be similar to Aviator, whereby PHEV version will bias performance over FE. Should be exciting. I recall the tech used, and first application. Curious to see final metrics.
...I take it from your silence that is a yes.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I can personally attest that the door panel plastic doesn’t feel cheap as he implies, it’s very well done. The new Escape however was very disappointing in this regard, esp the rear door panel.

I can also attest the Infinity s’mores were awesome, as was the specialty lattes at the Lincoln cafe! Lol

·
Registered
208 Posts
This maybe my next new car! I may have to buy it through Costco Auto if my locate Lincoln dealers tries to milk me on the Corsair price. I like it in pictures. Cannot wait till September for its release!

·
Registered
122 Posts
The Corsair order-bank is scheduled to open in about 3 months (5/13/2019) so we should see more in the (very) near future.
Any newer word on availability of the order guide, and order bank date? We've got our Corsair pretty much picked out (Reserve, just about everything but awd and the 2.3), but we still have to pick out a color that will go well with Beyond Blue.

301 - 314 of 314 Posts