·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Tires WIDE and brakes... MASSIVE

I like what I can see so far!

·
Registered
607 Posts
Some magazine editiors claimed the Mustang GT and Boss 302 ran neck and neck with the BMW M3, which is high praise indeed. What with the next Mustang being even better than the last, why is Ford dragging its feet on using the new chassis as the basis for a 3-Series/4-Series fighter from Lincoln?

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Some magazine editiors claimed the Mustang GT and Boss 302 ran neck and neck with the BMW M3, which is high praise indeed. What with the next Mustang being even better than the last, why is Ford dragging its feet on using the new chassis as the basis for a 3-Series/4-Series fighter from Lincoln?
I suspect/hope that they are in fact working on that behind the scenes. We're just now seeing Mustang mules running the streets with the new bodies, though covered. Further, I hope it takes a bit longer in this particular case because I think a Mustang based Lincoln has to be differentiated from its donor to a greater degree to be truly accepted as a Lincoln.

The LincStang is coming, that or Ford isn't really serious about Lincoln being anything more than Buick.

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
I suspect/hope that they are in fact working on that behind the scenes. We're just now seeing Mustang mules running the streets with the new bodies, though covered. Further, I hope it takes a bit longer in this particular case because I think a Mustang based Lincoln has to be differentiated from its donor to a greater degree to be truly accepted as a Lincoln.

The LincStang is coming, that or Ford isn't really serious about Lincoln being anything more than Buick.
Adding a limited volume niche performance coupe will suddenly make Lincoln a world class luxury player in your eyes?
OkeeDokee:thumb:

Is it really necessary to diss Lincoln every chance you get?
Take a break, would ya, this is a Mustang thread.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I am not sure that I agree with Ford moving forward with a GT350 to replace the GT500. I am quite curious as to whether the assertions of a 400-600 lb weight loss are pie in the sky or if they are steeped in fact.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I like the scoops...the exhaust... I still can't see the shape of the car yet though..

Fords doing a good job keeping this a secret....

Those bastards! ;)

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Adding a limited volume niche performance coupe will suddenly make Lincoln a world class luxury player in your eyes?
OkeeDokee:thumb:
You're a funny guy, is English your second language?

No, a LincStang wouldn't make the brand world class, but it would bring excitement and energy to a brand that is missing it right now. A LincStang would get plenty of press, and if its good enough to stand up to comparable BMWs, Mercs, and Audis then it could benefit the entire Lincoln range, you know, perception being what it is. And if it were that good it would drive traffic into Lincoln dealers which will likely result in greater sales across the range. I'll bet dealers would hate that.

Is it really necessary to diss Lincoln every chance you get?
I'm confident that I've left an opportunity or two on the table. In fact most of my dissing of Lincoln has really been dissing of your delusions regarding Lincoln, but hey, who's counting?

Take a break, would ya, this is a Mustang thread.
My response was to a comment regarding a Lincoln version. Reading comprehension, your really should try it some time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts