Ford Inside News banner

681 - 700 of 710 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hmm, exposed metal does in a way bother me due to my OCD like on the Transit Connect insides of the passenger van version but that along with the Focus are low-cost economy vehicles. However, Ford has make the Mark IV Focus more upscale in a way so this is really unacceptable. I'm hoping that this is the stripped down sedan version that is coming from China while the Germany-sourced Hatchbacks come with the black coverings. Could just be cost savings on Ford's end.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Hmm, exposed metal does in a way bother me due to my OCD like on the Transit Connect insides of the passenger van version but that along with the Focus are low-cost economy vehicles. However, Ford has make the Mark IV Focus more upscale in a way so this is really unacceptable. I'm hoping that this is the stripped down sedan version that is coming from China while the Germany-sourced Hatchbacks come with the black coverings. Could just be cost savings on Ford's end.
The blue MK4 is the ST-Line which in Europe is the same price as the Titanium so not a stripped down model.

Re the BS Ford is spewing that the rear floor tunnel is flat.
If Ford really thinks this is a flat rear floor they are delusional
Also in the 2nd image you can see that the storage pockets on the back of the front seats are now netting not a covered pocket. Another brilliant cost saving move! Obviously these idiots never see how real owners use these pockets.
These pockets get filled up with very small items like pens, bobby pins etc (I know from experience) that will now fall out.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Like what MKII said, the blue car is a high-trim ST-Line.
Here's the video link:
https://youtu.be/rBVPBKwxits

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
They should call it HG-1.......Holy Grail
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: + :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Honey, I shrunk the platform:
Ford Focus introduces new small car skeleton for automaker
MotorAuthority
- Sean Szymkowski - Apr 19, 2018

The new Ford Focus doesn't only represent the next step for the compact car, it also opens a new chapter for Ford small cars. The 2020 Focus ushers in Ford's new scalable unibody platform for small cars, and we'll be seeing a lot of the architecture in the near future.

According to an Automotive News (subscription required) report Monday, the architecture will fit everything from the sub-compact Fiesta to the mid-size Edge crossover. The platform will suit everything in between, including mid-size sedans, minivans, and crossovers (EcoSport and Escape). It's comparable to Volkswagen's front-wheel-drive modular transverse toolkit (MQB) platform.

It's also the first of five new global platforms, according to Joe Bakaj, Ford of Europe's engineering chief. The small-car platform will save money, but Bakaj said it should also cut down new-model development time by 20 percent.

The platform, which does not have a name yet, will include fixed hard points that will allow Ford to outfit numerous models with identical modules. Common seat structures, electric handbrakes, and air-conditioning units will all be possible with the scalable platform. Bakaj said every module won't be entirely identical, but engineers will try to reuse as many as possible. The platform strategy is much further thinking than Ford's last round of passenger cars, which changed from model to model.

"If you can plan out a suite of vehicles over a period of time, you get a scale globally," Bakaj said.

With the Focus, the platform may make the car affordable for China, and also premium enough for the U.S. Ford's strategy also includes adding more higher-end models to increase average-transaction prices. At the same time, configurations are down from 360 to just 26, which also saves money.

The U.S. won't see the 2020 Focus until fall 2019. The hatchback and sedans will come from China or Europe, depending on the specific model. Ford has [is about to] retooled the Focus' Michigan plant for Ranger and Bronco production.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I can't help but see (both current and previous generation) Mazda 3 in that silhouette.
The happy face helps that vision of Mazda3's as well. The MK4 is a real mix of past and current Korean & Japanese design language. A real pity to my eyes but most likely a big plus for the customers preferring the Asian look.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Look at those "rose gold" colored metal exposed in the doors of this sedan....

... Is the rear compartment of the new (launched few minutes ago in Beijin) Mercedes-Benz A Class L version.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Bravo for Hackett and the gang - cost-cutting goal to $25.5 billion, from the $14 billion.

That's got to make everyone who works for Ford MoCo feel all warm and fuzzy.

**** you North Americans who want a Ford car.

And **** you Ford markets whom destroy the value (whatever the **** that means) of this great TRUCK $$$$$$$$$$$$$ company.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
This whole thing just seems so short sighted to me, putting all their eggs in the truck and SUV basket. Not only that, but it kind of feels like a slap to the face. This feels like Ford telling me they dont want my business or it's not good enough. It's funny how companies like Toyota and Honda can continue to sell cars with no issues. Maybe part of that is because they actually update their cars and dont leave them stagnant and lagging behind the competition for years. Also I feel its only a matter of time now for the Mustang. I've already heard rumors that Hatchet cut the S650 program's all new platform. Also when you look at sales for like 2017 even both the Fusion and Focus outsold the Mustang by a large margin.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
merci - des phraséologies françaises intéressantes dans cet article

FOCUS SEDAN 2019: ALREADY ON AMERICAN HIGHWAYS
April 20, 2018 - google 'translate' :angel
fwiw
Maybe Ford will surprise everyone and introduce both the Focus Active and Focus Sedan in the US market.

It's hard to tell with Ford since many of its models from around the globe end up in the US for testing, even those not intended for the US market.
I remember in late 2014, the then yet to be released 2015 Ka sedan was caught testing in Michigan.

-Motor1

PS: The pre-facelift EcoSport and the pre-facelift Ranger T6 were also caught being tested in the US several years ago.

·
Registered
79 Posts
If this decision turns out to be bad, I would suspect that the ability to brings cars to to the North American market can be done pretty quickly. I suspect we could wee the the other versions of the Focus and and the Fusion/Mondeo return in a couple of years

681 - 700 of 710 Posts